IGNORED

Oddessey

JLPurcell

Arne, Thanks for the suggestion.

I took a look at the Speedsters, vintage road race, 205/65's #46008. They will fit the 5.5" rims and are close to the origianl equipment at 24.1 total height. I passed the information on to Les for his thoughts. Anyone Used these tires? If so your experience?

Thanks JLP

John married my sister in law. Great guy, heard many stories about the farm and the family.

Small world, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law bought their home from the ****mans and it is on the original ****man farm on Nolands Fork Road. The 00029 car is now stored in their barn. Like I said small world.

Jerry

• 1 month later...

Shipped out three boxes of parts to Classic Datsun Motorsports yesterday, these are some of the final parts for final assembly of the restoration. I am getting really stoked for the trip to Vista to pick up the car.;) I sent out the following:

NOS Console

NOS Console fuse cover

NOS Under hood fresh air ducts R&L

Reproduction 240Z Stripe Kit

NOS American Racing Wheel centers

Original white sun visors

NOS Heater control panel

Rebuilt original AM FM Radio

Still have a few parts to ship out including a reproduction glove box and I need to make final decision on tires. I am sure that the need for a few more miscellaneous parts will come up but I will find them as needed. Although I have a NOS leather Datsun shift knob I would like to find a NOS original wood shift knob.

Edited by JLPurcell

Made a decision on tires today, going with the Toyo R888 205/55 R14. Thought about the Hoosier Speedsters but in talking with Hoosier tire they strongly discouraged me. Using the original Libre 14's limited my tire choices but after seeing the job Les did getting the AR Lirbres restored I know that I made the correct choice.:cool:

I will be sending out the last of the additional parts for my project tomorrow. Les and I have discussed the pick up date and the possibility of some fun options to coincide with the pick up. More to come>>>>>

• 2 weeks later...

Les sent these photos out this week. Little story on the dash, the NOS dash which I had stored for my car for over 30 years was not correct for my car! It is a series 1 dash. With luck as it is Les, had a NOS Dash, (photo), correct for my car which he was willing to trade out with me. The Toyo R888’s look great on my restored A/R Libre wheels!:beer:

post-7454-14150817828726_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150817829509_thumb.jpg

Looks great! but whats the time frame that the car will be done? You've had it there over a year or more right? Can't wait to see the finished product.

Turbo,

The car has been with Les (Classic Datsun Motorsports) for 5 years 2 months. Current plan is to pick up car in April of this year.:cool: It was part of our original agreement that Les would work it in as he could. All about the out come.:beer: