IGNORED

1978 Datsun Farilady 280Z 2 Seater (S130) Oz Ebay

Mr Camouflage

[quote

I can't believe you guys in Australia did not get these models (ie 2 seater) - what was Nissan thinking not bringing these in themselves, we got a few of these NZ new and most are like this one JDM imports during the 80's/early 90's.

After the 260Z Nissan Australia only imported the Vatican(kids in back) models, All new ones sold here, including Z31 and 32s were 4 seaters,

The only way to get hold of a 2 seater 280, 300 was by buying a 2nd hand import.Someone decided there had to be room for kids. Nothing like stretching a 2 seater to totally kill it's styling.

Nissan Australia also gave the thumbs down to the Z32TT(????)

Just in case anyone is interested in this car (I was). I had a friend who knows his zeds look at it for me. This is his reply...

Hi Mike I had a look at it yesterday its abit rusty in all the usual

places but has a really bad spot on top of rear window where the

roof/hatch and window meet its full of bog and hard to see where the

rust starts and finishes .The hatch is rusty and has been previously

been repaired and bottmof both doors and underneith battery tray usual

spots are rusty . The car lives at Queenscliff during the day which

accounts for the excessive rust. I didnt bother to drive it as I was

disapointed but everything was there but looked its age

I guess it would be a good resto if the price is right!

Hi Mike,

I believe the "H" was used to signify the larger capacity engine, not for export models.

e.g. HS30 was used for the home-market "Nissan Fairlady 240Z".

HS130 I think means it is the Fairlady 280Z as described (S130 with L28 engine), rather than the Fairlady Z (S130 with L20).

H stands for the L28 Engine.

From my experience with the 280ZX, I would be weary of the rust around the fuel cap in the rear quarter. This area tends to be a major rust spot. Other areas I would look out for are both rear window sills and the surrounds of the tail lights. Its amazing what you find when you remove bits.

Sorry Arnie, but you have me confused. I thought that there was an "L" included in the US imports.

for example HLS30 and an "U" as well somewhere to indicate a US import.

Are you saying that US imported S130 are prefixed HS130 or HLS130?

I'm sure your aware these are JDM cars that I originally asked about and wasn't aware that the 2.8L engine option was available in Japan, in fact my knowledge of the S130 series is seriously deficient.

Perhaps we need a S130 forum to educate us all or better still the long promised Nissan Family Tree complete with all model designations!