IGNORED

Here is the "Headlight Relay Upgrade Harness Diagrams"

Zs-ondabrain

Looks good except for a goof on MY part. I need a (ga) after the "10" on the words under the battery. on the "overall diagram" picture.

Also, the relay diagram shown above the overall diagram was actually a "FIX" for the first original harness's that I made. They did not work properly on the 72 1/2' to late 73's. Thats why I made the "Universal Harness" that works with all 240Z's depicted in the "Overall Diagram"

just look at them and you'll see what I mean.

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to thank Dave again for making the plans for this harness available to all. I keep looking at this plan, but I can't figure out where the 53 inches of 12/2 RV wire goes. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has found a good source for the OEM style 3-pin male and female plugs, please let us know.

I'd like to thank Dave again for making the plans for this harness available to all. I keep looking at this plan, but I can't figure out where the 53 inches of 12/2 RV wire goes. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has found a good source for the OEM style 3-pin male and female plugs, please let us know.

53'' divided into 2 is 26 1/2". One half of the 53" (26 1/2) goes from the relay pack to the first headlight plug and the second half of the 53" goes from the right headlight plug to the left headlight plug.

Hope that helps, I keep meaning to finish those damn instructions. I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Dave.

• 7 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Will the harness you make for 1971 240Z for Motorsports work in a 1971 FairladyZ-L (RHD) car?

I spoke with Motorsports and they didn't know; suggested I ask you.

The Fairlady has a button on the end of the turn signal stalk which blinks the high-beam as a passing light. It sounds like a relay clicks on and off when the button is pressed.

MSA didn't know if this would continue to work with the relay harness installed, or if the harness would work.

Will it work plug-in or would further modifications be required?

Thank you!

I'm lost or stupid, I looked but could not find it anywhere other than the fron page on the bottom in the "current forms area.

Oops. found it. It's above the front Zcar picture marked "Forums":stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

I've sold about 10 Headlight upgrade harnesses to RHD owners. The install is the same in the engine bay but you'll need to mount the relay pack using a different OEM hole because there's no VR on the left side (Of which to use the mounting screws)

All of the RHD owners claimed success in their install but none of them said anything about a passing button.

As long as the harness is flipped, the input connector is plugged in on the left side (instead of the right) and the grounds are the same bolts, etc, etc, There shouldn't be an issue.

I'm 99.99% positive that the output at the headlight plugs (in front of the radiator) should act the same, even with a passing button or switch) So I say go ahead and purchase the harness and install it. And please let me know if there's an issue and how the install goes.

Dave

• Mike featured this topic