IGNORED

Stainless steel header??

ezzzzzzz

I've run the ceramic coated headers. Some are better than others and preparation is critical. None have ever lasted as they should unless the car never saw rain and was parked in a low humidity garage. I found they rotted from the inside out in most cases.

I did pick up a JanSpeed SS header on Ebay. They are darkened from use but that causes no discernable problems. JanSpeed warrants their SS headers for life. It won't apply to me since these are secondhand. It can be seen in my gallery. Other pictures of my project can be seen under "ezzzzzzz" at www.hybridz.com so enjoy.

There are various Japanese companies that make stainless steel headers for the L-series, but I do not believe that they sell one that would fit a LHD car. I know of Fujitsubo and Spirit Garage that make those. However, Stahl might make a SS header for a LHD L-series powered car. You might want to check into them. I hear that they really know their Z's and the headers are of very high quality.

I am sure that there are more companies that make a header you are looking for, but I don't know the names of the companies.

-Ben

Stahl makes a 240Z header (plain steel) for $775...OUCH! Fujitsubo makes them for around $ 520 to $700 (if I converted correctly)... OUCH again.

I can't translate all of the lingo so I don't know if these are SS or not. It makes my JanSpeed purchase look good. I'll have about $400 in them when it's said and done.

There are various Japanese companies that make stainless steel headers for the L-series, but I do not believe that they sell one that would fit a LHD car.

Out of curiosity why would that be? I know the throttle linkage is different and the battery and master cylinders are swapped but I thought everything else was the same between LHD and RHD with regard to the engine and manifolds.

I purchased the Fujitsubo system - stainless steel. However my zed is a RHD so I don't know if they will work with a LHD car. See the following thread.

http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19104&highlight=fujitsubo

Did anyone ever get measurements to verify that it would or would not fit in a LHD Zed? I saw quite a few of this style exhaust when I was in Japan quite a few years ago and would really like to replace my system with one if it will fit!