IGNORED

Save S30-0002

Mr Camouflage

This is excellent. I've heard the HS30 and HLS30 #1-3 cars were melted down at the factory never to see day again.

Obviously S30 0002 was a different story.

Definately fixable.

Maybe we could make a T-shirt saying "Save S30 #2" just like the "Save Ferris" T-Shirts all proceeds could go toward restoring this beauty. This car simply has too much history and too much a pedigree to not be restored. Since the S30 is one of the most important cars in Automotive History. :classic:

Great Thread!

Thank you Mr Camouflage,and everyone

Mr.Harigae will difinetly be happy to see this site,and I am very surprised because so many people think it is restorable.Mr.Harigae is not like ordinaly japanese Z car mania,he will restore it.He think he can do it,so he bought it I think.

He showed me so many photo of it,I notice some points.

#1 the car have different years seats and uphostly,so it was used quite often and seems there were a few owners kept driving and enjoying it some around 10 years ago.

Thank you,

kats

Data plate is still on the drivers side (now remember this it a right hand drive car) suspension tower. Its that grey square thing you can see. I dont think the Japanese versions had the one in the door frame. Aussie cars didnt. Think it was a US law requirement, just like the vin being on the dash for all to see.

Using replacement parts of course. When i say restore I mean fix it up back to a nice, presentable, drivable, condition. I dont mean turn it into museam piece.

I dont really care that it might have the wrong luggage straps, or series 2 seats, or the chalk marks may be wrong, etc.

Though i'm sure Kats could advise Mr Harigae on the correct parts for such an early car.

I wasn't trying to be a wet blanket. I would like to see this car brought back to life. I just think that it would be more of a challenge than say Chris (26&27) is facing. From what I have read it would be the earliest numbered remaining example of the Z.

Maybe we could make a T-shirt saying "Save S30 #2" just like the "Save Ferris" T-Shirts all proceeds could go toward restoring this beauty...

and then someone would name a band "Save S30 #2"!

ya, it could never be "restored" to concours since the engine is more than likely never going to be found, but for it to be restored back into original type condition is enough for me to be happy.. :D