IGNORED

Tinted my windows

spudea

Looks real good! Once I repair my defroster lines, I am going to get limo tint on the rear window, and tint like you have on the sides.

All of my white plastic panels were destroyed by the sun over the course of 30 years, and the car just bakes with no tint...

Does it seem much cooler when coming back to your car on a hot day?

Looks real good! Once I repair my defroster lines, I am going to get limo tint on the rear window, and tint like you have on the sides.

All of my white plastic panels were destroyed by the sun over the course of 30 years, and the car just bakes with no tint...

Does it seem much cooler when coming back to your car on a hot day?

Dave , you might want to check with the Oregon specs on window tinting. It is even different than Washington. SUVs , trucks and limmos , fall into a different set of specs . I am not saying you cant do it but you are setting your self up for a ticket . I was going to take all my glass in and have it tinted . I thought $185. for a few bucks worth of tinting was just too much and decided to pass. I like tinted windows don't like blue. I also found that tinting used for homes is not legal at all. Because of the reflective properties.

Gary,

There's a place called Alexis Window Tinting on Canyon...they have told me, and they do high volume for Portland because they do such a good job...that I can do it and they give me a certificate...I've also talked to the Sherwood Police Department about it, and the rear window on our Z doesn't apply to the 'standard tint law'. I think it has something to do with the year of the z being so old. I am sure I will need to put some section of the law in the glove box, etc. because some idiot cop won't know the law...and I'll get pulled over for that. I still might just do standard tint on the rear actually, I don't actually know what my final decision is going to be....but I'm getting at least a little tint, because the film reflects all the UV as well...that's the stuff that really fades the interior.

but going real dark on the rear window, and then I think its called 30 tint on the sides is legal according to Sherwood Police and Alexis Window Tinting.

By the way, they are one of the best in Portland, and I'd say real reasonable. If I bring in all 5 pieces of my glass (so they're not on the car) the total is around $100 if I recall. I have a few friends that had gotten their cars done there, and that's why I'm getting it done....their cars look real real good on the tint. Looks like factory tint, absolutely no imperfections, even on window glass where you can see the edge.

I think it's totally worth it when I get into my car after its been sitting outside in the sun for a while...and I want to save my panels when I purchase some new ones. I just can't take heat getting back into a car....esp w/ no AC. imo.