IGNORED

Philosophical discusion on build dates

Zedrally

Alan,

Sorry for the glare of the spotlight!

You mention the numbers in the door jamb, Aussie cars don't have this.

Are you saying that UK delivery did?

Aussie correspondents also need to remember that seat belts on 240's where fitted in Australia as the Factory version did not comply with the ADR, hence any dates [if you can find them] would be much later than the build.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by 26th-Z

What and where were the domestic cars stamped? Is there such a chassis as HS30-00026? PS30-00026?

These would certainly exist or would have existed, however there would only be one number issued, not several for export within a production model.

So far the thread has concerned itself with build and model year [not to mention when sold], however when was the concept first aired?

Do we have a date? 65.66,67 or 68.

Would the first models be a 68 model with a 69 build and 70 delivery?

hrm, the way i see it, there shouldn't be any '69 model years.

if you look at current (granted things aren't exactly the same) model of how cars are sold.

they usually come out for purchase the september before the year starts (i.e., 2005 cars come out in sept 04), not jan 1 of that year.

so the cars would obviously have to be built in earlier 04 to be delievered on time. sorry if im being obvious and off the point, no offense to anyone. just my 2 cents. but the car was designed to be in full use during the 2005 year, hense the 2005 model year. then the design for the next car starts in 05, and changes are made so the 06 will be fully phased in by jan 1 06, and in full use all year.

so dispite the fact the the cars have a 69 build date, they were INTEDED to be in full use during 70, hense they are all 70 model years. even if the car was purchased in 69.

Hi 26th-Z,

It is amazing that you have a document of your 26th from its deliverly.I love it,I love it.

I have been dreaming,I wish I could find when my 03/70 240Z arrived to the U.S. and who bought and what my Z looked like in the datsun dealer?

I post again the data of nissan shatai.

I hope it helps someone.

kats

post-3193-14150793871798_thumb.jpg

This photo is,

Left:Mr.Eiji Osawa,Center: kats,Right:Mr.Hitoshi Uemura.

At nissan shatai guest room I made interviews to them about S30 production and test driving in the U.S.

The data seat was a present from them.They were the actual member of the test driving in the U.S. from Oct to Dec 1969.

I will start a new thread of "test drive from Oct to Dec 1969"

kats

post-3193-14150793872415_thumb.jpg

Mr C

Do you have anything to back up the reported RHD car number 003. I (and many others) thought that RHD #004 was the first bought into Australia in 1970.

This is interesting. Is there any pics of the car anywhere??

Thanks for any reply

Joseph

Just information,

In japan,there is no plate date stamped any where.Engine room ID plate shows chassis number,but no engine number.However to own the car,we have to registrate for the document,it has engine number,dimentions,model type(not start from "S30",it is completely different number),owners adress,etc.

And japanese Z's seat belt has an exactly same tag as export Z. So,for japanese owner it is funny seeing "DATSUN 240Z SPORTS" on the seat belt tag of their fairlady-Z.

One example,Mr.Wtanabe's Z432(PS30-00063),I can see these "date".

03Dec1969 on the back of steering wheel.

Oct1969 on the door jam

Nov1969 on the door jam

Nov1969 on the seatbelt tag

According to "Nippon jidosha kougyo-kai"(Japan automobile corporation) it says,

PS30-00001 to 00072 was made in 1969

kats

post-3193-14150793873663_thumb.jpg

Well I found something that I thought was interesting. I was looking at my seatbelt tags to get a date on my car and the LH seat belt says 1973 and the RH seat belt says that it was manufactured in 1974. There was no month specified unless I am not looking in the right place.

On my spare wheel the topy date is 4/74.

On the door jam plate the build date is 5/74.

Maybe some one can help me on this one. When were the door jam plates riveted on the car. Was it when the car was fully complete or in the begining of its production?

Regards,

Ben