IGNORED

Australian Contacts ?

280zx Fever

I use my work e-mail address as my MSN address, so I'd rather not post it in an 'open' forum. However, anyone who wants it can PM me, or if I add you into my contact list you'll get it anyway!

• 9 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi all. I've just joined this forum. I live in Clifton Beach just north of Cairns QLD. Have a 1972 240Z. Could you guys put me onto suppliers of parts for Zeds in Australia. I may be in new of a replacement differential. I have just had the front diff insulator mount replaced and now whenever I move off with the car and change gears there is a loud clunk coming from the back of the car. I didnt have the noise before I had the new diff insulator mount installed. I am concerned that I have too much backlash as with the car stationary, I can crawl under the car and twist the drive shaft and I am hearing a loud clunking noise which seems to be coming from the ring and pinion in the diff......but I am not 100% sure. There used to be a ZCar workshop in Brisbane, but Alan, the guy who owned it, retired. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers

My be it is better to go with a wrx sti diff. I think a 2004 and 2005. details are in a thread if you do a search. They are a direct bolt into place they are a 3.9 and a LSD

wolf creek in the states make an adapter so our 1/2 shafts bolt up. The sti diff are visually identical other wise any diff rebuilder can rebuilt you diff easily but the cost is going to be about the same as getting a LSD diff