IGNORED

last call for joy riders

Z-point

Hi everybody,

After seeing the cyclists doing their work during the Tour the France! This idea came up.

The plan called “Tour the France by Z”.

The first idea was to go round France totally but that was too much. Now we have an alternative.

The date: get together Friday evening May 21, spend the weekend with our Swiss Z friends who are holding a meeting in Interlaken.

The following week we will drive southwards in the direction of Cannes/Nice.

Using only small roads, ‘over’ the Alps, through little villages. A really great sight-seeing tour. Drive, eat and live like a Frenchman - that is our goal!

Overnight, we can stay in a lovely village hotel or on a camping site.

The entrance is set for:

Fairlady’s SPL311 / SPL311

Fairlady’s SR311 / SRL311

Datsun 240Z

Datsun 260Z (2+2)

Datsun 280Z (2+2)

What do you think off this plan? You've got a week to spare in May? Join us!

like to add one type of car

the 240ZG,...... that means YOU Alan!!ROFL:love:

The entrance is set for:

Fairlady’s SPL311 / SPL311

Fairlady’s SR311 / SRL311

Datsun 240Z

Datsun 260Z (2+2)

Datsun 280Z (2+2)

What do you think off this plan? You've got a week to spare in May? Join us!

Sometimes I think my car owns me, rather than the other way around............

I'd love to 'drop in' ( maybe at Interlaken ) but driving that thing around in the Alps would be hard work. I've driven an old car over the Alps before, and I needed some time off work when I got back.

Let's wait until nearer to May 2004 before making a decision. Its over 6 months away for heaven's sake.

Now you have planted a seed, though.

Alan T.

This trip needs some organisation. Therefore, we start early to spread out the word. Otherwise, it is too late and has everybody booked his or her holiday.

Alan you can bet I will give you plenty of water and if I do not forget I’ll talk to you every day….its good for growing!!!!

It would be nice if we can get entrances of over whole Europe.

Now I need some more response.

Hello Guus,

Promised I'd reply et voila. You can't drive through my adopted country without me and it'll probably be the first outing my Z does ! What Z everyone asks ? Yeah, well it's beginning to sound a bit lame - that line "it'll be ready in 2 months" ! I am going to see it in November - to prove that it exists !

So count me in and if we need to make the numbers up, I'll push the idea around the other Club Zen members.

As you say, it would be nice to have a variety of Zeds from a variety of countries although I'm not expecting the aussies / yanks to ship over their cars jsut to accompany us. Shame, 'cos a relaxed Alpen route is THE place to appreciate the Z and this part of the world is not unknown for it's food and wine ! As May id off-season it won't be expensive either to stay.

All you gotta do is pay the petrol, here 1 euro per litre and the cars are not for keeping in the garages !

May is a way off but start putting your pocket money away now and you'll have enough for the trip.

The best to you all,

Sean

Guus, having seen the way Alan drives the ZG on the one time he had a bend I wouldn't want him to do an Italian mini job !

This Tour is going to be spectacular! :love: We will cross some famous mountain passes at 2400 meters.:classic:

In addition, we drive some parts of the Monte Carlo Rally route. :bunny: And we drive trough three countries….any volunteers??

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds like an amazing trip you have planned Guus. I would love to go, but I as you can see under my aviator, I live a ways away. Plus I don't think my car would make it. I would love to see some pics of this spectacle though. Oh and Guus, I have not forgotten about scanning that picture for you. When I am not so swamped with work I will send it to you. I shouldn't even be on this forum. I tell myself that I am only going to be on it for 20 minutes, then it turns into an hour. Okay, I am definately going to keep an eye on this thread. Take care everyone.

Regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the respond. Of course it is hard to do when you live at the other side of the ocean.

Hopefully I get more response of my fellow European Z drivers. I would be nice if we do the tour with a lot of nationalities.

And thanks for thinking of me regarding the picture, I’m patience. If you say you do it, I’ll wait.

• 1 month later...

Hey,

Can I join in on the round France Zeding trip in May. I´m from Barcelona, Spain & last Friday I bought an original Spanish registered 1976 260Z. Please let me know about the trip.

Happy Xmas to all you Zeddders out there.

Originally posted by symon

Hey,

Can I join in on the round France Zeding trip in May. I´m from Barcelona, Spain & last Friday I bought an original Spanish registered 1976 260Z. Please let me know about the trip.

Happy Xmas to all you Zeddders out there.

He Symon,

You must be a lucky man, there aren’t much Z’s in Spain is it?

I have a feelling this Z must be yours then. :D

Let me give you all an up date about the tour.

The dates have been chanced, it is now from May 28th until June 6th.

In the weekend of May 28 / 30, one of the Swiss clubs will hold a meeting. The intention is to get to gather Friday evening the 28th , have a nice weekend with our Swiss friends and drive downwards, to the direction Monaco, the next Monday.

There will be many high mountains, steep hill climbs, very nice (old) villages, lovely surroundings.

If you mail me your mail address I’ll put you on my little mail list of mountain climbers.

And have fun with your car!

post-1340-14150793361071_thumb.jpg

Damn!

I always seem to be on the wrong side of the Atlantic. Too bad I couldn't ship over one of my S30's for that event. I imagine there aren't too many 280Z's running around Europe at present.

I too will be watching this thread with great interest.

Z-point,

If I'm not mistaken is that pic from ebay? If so, I was viewing that car for a few days and thinking what a nice unusual Z that is. I think it had silver coachwork with butterscotch (brown) interior.

Symon,

You are indeed a lucky man to have that Z.

Hi guys,

I will be fun! Last night ‘German’ Rainer (member of this group), join “the mountain climbers”. He even knew a fellow Z driver in Frankurt. In a short wile, ‘Spanish’ Symon will join the group as well. A very international gang!! Even Alan T is thinking of it, aren’t you?

We will keep you posted.

The pic was indeed from eBay, yeh we watch the whole world……