IGNORED

280z at B&R in Creswell OR

Terrapin Z

That's a 240Z bumper, even though the car is a 280Z.  Bad karma on that car anyway, don't you think?  Looks like they hit so hard the car pivoted fast enough to hit something else and tear the rear wheel almost off.  

Why bad karma Zed? The rear end might have been hit first and spun the car into a tree/power pole?. Bad time and place maybe. Black ice? Gravel in a turn? Drunk driver, this car or the other? Distracted driver, texting? Fell asleep at the wheel? Etc? Good karma for the cars that get repaired from this one. Sad that B&R are the ones that have it. 

I found this 240 at a local yard that was rear ended. Did he stop in a bad spot? Did he pull out in front of someone? Was he just rear ended at a stop? who knows? Great parts for cheap as I5 wreckers, B&R bought the yard and the car went into the restricted yard. Price hike!! 

72 240Z I5 Auto b crop.jpg

I see I did forget the link. It is on eBay for selling the starter motor for $65

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Starter-Motor-Fits-70-73-240Z-9731704/232736455386?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D601c8b2426ee4b5d91061c9fc9e44e83%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D332622363051%26itm%3D232736455386&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

19 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

Why bad karma Zed? 

Looks like somebody died or was severely injured.

I was in a wrecking yard a few months ago and the blood from an accident victim was left in the side panel pocket, you could see where it had drained out the bottom.  Could have been just a bad cut, but who knows.  I've seen hair and blood stuck in broken windshield glass.  Just makes me queasy.

I worked for a towing company and a wrecking yard. I have seen that too. On this car, the engine is not in the cabin. The steering wheel is not bent. and the windshield while broken, does not look like somebody hit it. My opinion is the seat belt saved them with some probable injuries. I do understand the trauma of seeing the ones that did not make it though. Makes me queasy too.