IGNORED

1970 in Portland #01850

Terrapin Z

32 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

It's over in NoPo (North Portland).

The license plate numbers don't match.  He does have a title though, which is good.

In WA they give you new plates every 7 years, To keep the reflectivity up for the Police to read your plate at night. 

More important that the VIN number matches right? and that it is in the sellers name.

It looks pretty straight, except for the fender.  Northwest rust comes from standing water, unlike Northeast rust which comes from salt spray.  I have two rust holes on my 76, one from standing water under the driver's seat, and one under the battery from the battery electrolyte.  All of the other metal is solid.

So that nasty quarter panel hole could be the only really bad spot.  It's possible.

Edit - I could take a look if somebody was really interested.

Edited by Zed Head

Ditto on the NW rust. It's can be very selective. I saw a 70 a few years ago that had a left rear quarter that had a 24" x 1 1/2" hole above the wheel arch and yet all the usual rust spots were pristine. In the NW, that would indicate that the car was under a carport with the left side exposed to the wind and rain.

This looks to have been sitting outside for the last 17 years or so "sitting since the early 2000's" I imagine the floors and tire tub have some holes.

Do the bumper guards on the rear look like they are too close together?  Not even centered to the license plate really, maybe just the angle.

It does look like it would have all it's parts intact for the year.  No inside pic's though.