IGNORED

Front end 280z to 240z style

Jaymanbikes

I have a 280z that I installed a Fiberglass air-dam on along with 240 style bumpers.  I have now decided that I would like to replace that fiberglass airdam with the Xenon one that uses the 240 turn signals.  I have a number of questions for you guys that have done this.

As we know this Xenon airdam will require bracing and I'm just looking for some ideas on the best way to go about that.  I've already seen a few really crude ones on YouTube.  I prefer to make it from aluminum because I live near the ocean and just want to keep it liteweight.  Also looking for some cost effective decent looking means of modifying the grill to cover the old turn signal holes in the 280 grill.   I know Skillard has a turn key piece but it's pricey at $300.  

Any advice on painting the Xenon?  I'm pretty handy in the paint dept but have never painted using a flex agent.  Any brand suggestions?

Lastly, looking for a source for the Euro style clear turn signals.  Have seen them on the JDM car parts site for $269, ouch!  Is what it is I guess??

Thanks for any advice on this subject!

Jay

Edited by Jaymanbikes

• 3 weeks later...
Looks great!
How do you like the bullet style mirrors?

I like the way they look but functionally they suck. The drive side is usable but I have yet to get the passenger angled correctly. The car originally had no passenger mirror so I’m not missing anything ...LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile