IGNORED

Another unfinished project for sale in WA

Terrapin Z

Not mine,  Near Vancouver WA

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/1973-datsun-240z-project-car/6545860928.html

A 73 240Z with a 280 motor in need of rescue. 

CL quote :

"This is a project car....great culture for that age of car ... 99 percent rust free....always garaged.... I was working on body work but I have no time for it....I have no room in my garage for other things so I'm forced to sell it. I will miss that car when it is sold. I have an 280z motor that comes with it. So its $3,750 OBO ... NO LOW BALL.... serious enquiries.... I know the value of this car can be. I prefer someone who is willing to do full restore and appreciate that 240z car. Contact me with text message only....360 nine zero one 93 ten... contact me day time before 8 pm ... 

Thanks for looking and good luck to yall !!"

73 240Z 1.jpg

73 240Z 2.jpg

@Terrapin Z, it seems like most of the Z's that have survived are up in the PNW these days, you could start a permanent thread called

Treasures of the Pacific NorthwestLOL  Actually it could be a good resource for current and past prices and a bit of history of cars that seem to pass through a lot of owners before finding a committed restorer. I appreciate you posting these ads, it's like window shopping.

9 hours ago, grannyknot said:

@Terrapin Z, it seems like most of the Z's that have survived are up in the PNW these days, you could start a permanent thread called

Treasures of the Pacific NorthwestLOL  Actually it could be a good resource for current and past prices and a bit of history of cars that seem to pass through a lot of owners before finding a committed restorer. I appreciate you posting these ads, it's like window shopping.

I was pondering this very topic at work today. In the NW we seem to have two paths cars go down. 1) is they are stored in a garage because it is so wet and rainy here. Thus we end up with cars in good shape just unfinished projects such as this one.  2) they are stored outside and end up rust buckets, like the cars I have found and parted. It's funny I hardly ever see Z's driving around, at least in my neck of the woods. Although I do see a lot of ad's for them on CL and Offer Up. Mine was a Portland car I bought in Vancouver WA. There was a smashed 72 in the JY about the same time I bought mine, that was a local Centralia Car. Al's City Motors (Ford's and Datsun's)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Let's get together for coffee, beer, food. What does your schedule look like?

Im a little ways North of Portland, but if it works out I would come down and meet up with you guys. 

Portland Expo & PIR swap meet next weekend too. I was planning on going to those.

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

That be worth a flight for me to sit around with you two. :)

Just think of the problems we could solve! ROFL

We could solve them all but we'd be preaching to the choir. However, it would be a kick in the a$$ to be able to sit around over a beer (over 105 craft breweries in Portland metro area) and agree with each other.

31 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

Im a little ways North of Portland, but if it works out I would come down and meet up with you guys. 

Portland Expo & PIR swap meet next weekend too. I was planning on going to those.

We'll keep you in the loop when we settle on a time and date. How far N of The Couv are you?

• Haha 1