IGNORED

Threading issue with new front brake lines on Toyota conversion.

Jeff Berk

My old brake lines from the banjo bolt fitting to the metal brake line at my front calipers are being replaced and I ran into this problem. 

At the banjo end the threading is M10-1.0 male while the end of my new line is a M10-1.0 female.

The brakes are a four piston design so I'm assuming it's a Toyota upgrade. The new brake line is a Centric 150.42010 from Rock Auto.

Did the Toyota caliper take a different flexible brake line than the stock 260z brake caliper?

thanks

P3181884.JPG

It looks like the closest I can find is CENTRIC 15044303 which is a front hose for a Toyota Land Cruiser (1981). Unfortunately, there are no measurements provided so should I assume M10-1.0?  I might try contacting Centric or one of the other manufactures to see if they can provide the specs. Or maybe a trip to Summit Racing.

Ya gotta click the info button, sometimes on the other brands.

This link says 15044303  is the rear hose for a 79 Corolla though.  Closer.  Blue INFO button.

Edit - I mixed my self up.  I would just click enough blue buttons until something made sense.  Then take your calipers to the auto parts store and make sure they fit.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota,1979,corolla,1.2l+l4,1274622,brake+&+wheel+hub,hydraulic+hose,1792

image.png

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

Looks like:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7646880&cc=1276398&jsn=__GIP__1__

is the closest (Toyota Land Cruiser) since it is the right length and is a M10 male/female; however the grove for the hose end clip is on the wrong end and I'd need to assume the thread is 1.0 pitch. I guess I can go with that if I cannot locate anything better. 

I wonder if the problem is with the banjo bolt fitting on my brake caliper.   

EDIT:

I went to Summit Racing and they ordered Dorman Hydraulic Brake Hoses H381093 which I think is what will work.