IGNORED

[SOLD] 280ZX-Distributor- New (( SOLD ))

ZIII

Up for sale is a new, (rebuilt), distributor for a 280ZX.  I initially purchased this distributor in order to convert my 240Z to electronic ignition. 

This distributor has never been used.  It includes a new distributor cap and rotor. Also, the mounting attachments are provided. 

Price: $150.00 plus shipping.

Dist.JPG

Dist-Number.JPG

Z-Distributor - 1.jpg

Edited by ZIII
Item sold.

Thanks very much for the correction.... 

Many years ago I purchased this from, https://www.californiadatsun.com/distributors-and-parts/datsun-240z-280z-e12-80-rebuilt-electronic-distributor.html

which in the advert says it's from a 75-78 280Z and the invoice that I have also says it's for a 280Z.  I really don't know and am only going by what info I have.

Do you think I should change it to 280ZX?

George

I would change the title.  Many people want the ZX distributor and module to replace either a bad 280Z ignition module or to swap over from points.  Not many people swap to a 280Z distributer from points.

CA Datsun probably just resold a reman that he bought from Crown or whatever name is on the side of your box there.  Doesn't mean it's bad, just means that he made a markup on it.

Edit - it's a good deal at your price.  Comes with cap and pedestal.  Many don't.  Is there a rotor under that cap?  Plug and play...

https://zcardepot.com/distributor-electronic-ignition-reman-280zx-79-81.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6IX446b02QIVl2p-Ch0uXwf9EAkYASABEgI6NfD_BwE

Edited by Zed Head

Did you get rid of your 240 or just decide to stay original?  When I switched to the ZX one it was a big improvement over the OE points one and it was fairly easy to do.  I followed a write up from Blue's Tech Tips.

Good luck with the sale, that's a good price for everything needed but the ZX coil.  Especially after what California Datsun charged you, $350. :wow:

Siteunseen, 

Thanks for your note...

I would not say that I " got rid " of my Z, rather, I would say I most reluctantly had to part with it as there was no one in my family I could pass it down too.  

However, I have been most fortunate in that the buyer is a great enthusiast of Z's, a heck of a nice guy and we have become good friends.  There's a great element of comfort for me in that. 

Thanks for putting in the details about your conversion and to RCB280Z, in case there is someone out there who may wish to do the same.  It's what makes this site so extremely valuable.......

George

• Like 2