IGNORED

78-280z Rear Strut Insulators

Starfox

Whelp, I removed the spindle pin from the lower control last night ( don't use an air chisel if you wish to reuse the spindle B)) , and my strut fell to the ground! After further investigation, the Strut Insulator rubber is cracked clean in half. I have read forums, called auto parts stores, and searched the various online Z-car stores, with no finds for the rear.

I am going to pull an Insulator from a part vehicle I have , but I don't have high hopes for its condition.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket source for the Rear Strut Insulators ?   Good news though, I finally got the Front Suspension is done! wheels mounted and all! (I`ll attach a photo of the destroyed spindle and the broken Strut insulator) 

IMG_1346[1].JPG

280 oem rear strut insulators are NLA as far as I know.   Have never seen an aftermarket version.   However, if you have lowered the car, you can use the 240 insulator which is still available (around $80) or if it is stock height, a billet spacer is available from zcardepot to make up the difference in height for an additional $26. 

Ok! That sounds great. From what I can tell the front and rear insulators On the 240s are identical. I think il do that and use the spacer. The driver side insulator is in good shape, so I would only be replacing the passenger side, but I want the same ride height.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

DOH! I just threw away my strut isolators off my 280z. They are long gone now :(

Semi-unrelated, but on that note, I have 2 spindle pin hardware kits  (http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic20n01b/23-4240ki) that I didn't end up using in my recent suspension install if you are looking for a replacement. PM me if interested. I'm missing a nut or two but otherwise I have no use these parts.

8 minutes ago, AlbatrossCafe said:

DOH! I just threw away my strut isolators off my 280z. They are long gone now :(

Shouldn't throw anything away! Hoarding is an essential characteristic of Datsun ownership! :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1