IGNORED

console light bulb #

kully 560

Please put the year of your car with your posts. That makes it easier to find the correct answer. 

Assuming you are referring to a 260Z, those are probably BA7 bulbs. BA7 bulbs are more common in motorcycle applications. These are low power bulbs and don't go out often. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_ItemCondition=3&_nkw=BA7+bulbs&LH_PrefLoc=1&_sop=15

If your bulb is different, please post a photo for easier identification.

Hazard Switch Light.jpg

Once I fixed the socket shown in the photo, I replaced the bulb with an LED BA7. The LED is very bright. You'll most likely want to stay with the incandescent bulb.

no I do not think so the map light has metal prongs on each side if I remember and is much larger than the choke warning bulbs . the choke warning indicator bulb is about 3/16" wide at the base and about 1/2" tall and it just plugs into the holder. long story short I called advance auto and there was not listing for the car and msa does not have a listing or sell them either. so I took a trip to the local  auto store with the mini wedge bulb and match it up to the Sylvania brand which comes in 1.3 watts or 1.4 watts so I lucked out .I did not think the auto stores would carry such a small bulb with todays cars. but thanks for all the help.

Just do an internet search on "3898 bulb" and you will get a lot of choices.  Yes, it is a BA7S base.  Eiko 3898 is a good example.  Never heard of a glass "bottom" lamp.  But, the metal base ("bottom") is the correct choice.

Also, you can search for "VW bug, beetle, super bus, karmann ghia dash bulb"  or, search "n177222"

All will give you the same answer as I did by simply responding "3898".

Edited by David F

these bulbs are the wedge type with a glass base and has the wire for contact on each side of the base. they come in mini , small, medium, and large sizes. I would never have thought the mini is still being used and for sale in the auto stores today .