IGNORED

Value question on a 100k all original 78 280z

26 minutes ago, riverstonefly said:

I've been an early Porsche fanatic for ever, owned many

Welcome to CZZC @riverstonefly!

Beautiful SC!

Yep---your new prospective mistress will be a less costly lady to keep.

There are quite a few Porche owners, some from this forum, that started out with Z cars. You are going the other way!  :)

It's a fact---- I've had more Porche owners come over to me at the gas pumps and start a pleasant conversation than any other car owners---another this past weekend----never had a Vette owner do that!

• Haha 1

Welcome to CZZC [mention=32755]riverstonefly[/mention]!

Beautiful SC!

Yep---your new prospective mistress will be a less costly lady to keep.

There are quite a few Porche owners, some from this forum, that started out with Z cars. You are going the other way! 

It's a fact---- I've had more Porche owners come over to me at the gas pumps and start a pleasant conversation than any other car owners---another this past weekend----never had a Vette owner do that!

LOL thanks bud, I'm a product of the 70's and 80's my friend. I'm sure that I will always have at least one Porsche in the garage but I think a Z will look great parked next to one! I figure that I'd better snatch one up now before they get out of hand.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Couple of comments:

Porsche owners (I currently own a 981 Cayman S) share the love for 2 seat, nimble, pure sports cars with a definite GT feel. My Cayman gives me the exact same feeling I had driving my new '77 280Z back in the day.

As far as value for that '77 280Z, @riverstonefly2 years ago I paid $18,000 for my 90,000 mile, extremely original, rustfree "78 280Z (no sunroof, impeccable interior) that was only missing the original radio and wheels. Depending on the mechanicals, and the actual quality of the body panels and chassis, I think that candidate is very strong and although a price of 10K would be fantastic, I don't think it's very realistic. I think a fair price would be between 16 and 20K in the current market. That would still make it a good deal since your expenses to bring it to excellent shape would be very reasonable due to the overall condition.

The bonus is that despite the opinions of all the 240Z owners on the forum (no nasty comments please :D), the 280Z will provide you with a much more refined drive, similar to your SC ! 

• Like 2