IGNORED

Is it just me or does this look familiar?

David F

2 hours ago, SoCalJim said:

That's vintage dirt.

Or is it?  Seems like I've been seeing a lot of vintage cars up for auction lately with the "20 yrs of dust" look on them, I wonder if this isn't a new pre-auction treatment someone has come up with.  I can just see the part timer kid with a flour sieve and the contents of a vacuum cleanerLOL

Did no one think to throw a cheap cover over these cars?

Edited by grannyknot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't know, I've wondered about that too. Saw it on a couple of TV shows. They appeared to degrease and lightly sand whatever finish is on the old vehicle. Usually it's a combination of paint and rust which is still rusty red color, not acid treated black. They knock off the loose stuff, get it smooth enough to paint and shoot it with clear to preserve the "patina". These were all cars and trucks that were from a time when the steel was thick, even the sheet metal. It took a long time for rust to do any substantial damage back then. They also had real steel bumpers that could take a bump. These were prior to 240 bumpers which should have been called denters.

I saw a bunch of cars with clear over rust in the hotrod magazines. Usually way rustier than that. It was the latest fad a couple years ago. Maybe a backlash against paint jobs.

That car still looks good, though.

19 hours ago, Stanley said:

I saw a bunch of cars with clear over rust in the hotrod magazines. Usually way rustier than that. It was the latest fad a couple years ago. Maybe a backlash against paint jobs.

NOT 3 to 4 MILLION worth of LOOKS GOOD! I find the 250 SWB much more desireable!

19 hours ago, Stanley said: