IGNORED

240Z Carburetors /Air Cleaner Connections

Halvernaz

I’m reinstalling the stock carburetors and air cleaner system on my 1972 240z. Does anyone have a picture of where all the air cleaner connections go. Not sure which ones I need and which ones can be caped. The car no longer has any smog equipment.

I do not see the carburetor float bowl overflows shown on those diagrams.  They connect from the float bowl tops to the air cleaner.  Good to have them in place, it the carbs overflow a lot of fuel will be dumped on the exhaust and there could be a fire.

Another option for the float bowl vents is to connect hoses or plastic tubes to them that direct any overflow to the ground under the car. Nothing to it. Or connect the tubes to catch-cans that have overflows that lead to the ground. I was intentionally running slightly higher than stock fuel levels in the bowls and wanted to be able to monitor any overflow, and have it go to a safer place than the air cleaner. I only caught a few tablespoons of gas per year in the catch-cans. Having them go to the air cleaner might be slightly better for emissions, though.