IGNORED

Door parts

joe newsom

Does anyone know of a good source to buy inner door parts. Window assembly parts ect. I am replacing worn or broken bushing.

Curious what typically wears out to make the window not roll up smoothly. Seems to be somewhat loose in tracks.

These are some of the parts needed to bolt on the window assembly IMG_4872.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

There is a thread on here somewhere about using blue plastic 2-part tarp grommets to replace those always-broken guide roller shields. 

I find the most common issue with tight or jambed window motion is grease in the guide tracks that has turned to 1,000,000 cp (super viscous) goo. When that happens, forcing the window to move with the crank bends the regulator arms, moves the guide tracks out of alignment, and it goes down hill fast from there. So take all the guide rails out, clean and regrease, and make sure the wheels that sit in those guides roll freely. These white plastic shields don't have a lot to do with how tightly the wheels fits the guides, but they do help some. 

I replaced mine. You need to grind off the pin end and then press it out. I could not locate new pins, so  I ended up reusing mine by putting a small tack weld on the pin end to hold it back in place.  

door6.jpg

Edited by nix240z

21 hours ago, joe newsom said:

Does anyone know of a good source to buy inner door parts. Window assembly parts ect. I am replacing worn or broken bushing.

Curious what typically wears out to make the window not roll up smoothly. Seems to be somewhat loose in tracks.

These are some of the parts needed to bolt on the window assembly IMG_4872.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Another impossible-to-find reproduction candidate for the talents of Steve at nix240Z.