IGNORED

orig steel rims and hubcaps

Dave WM

I have slotted mags on my 75 but would like to look into getting some steel rims and OE 75 hubcaps. I see hubcaps all the time on ebay but not sure about how to get rims. I would prefer brand new since I don't want to worry about bent or other damage. Is there anything special I need to look for as far as size and fitment for the caps? I tried searching, while I am sure its out there I was unable to find anything specific. Going for standard size tires.

I was thinking '72 through '76?  I think the wheels got wider on the 280s but the , I call them scallops, hubcaps should be the same.

Good luck finding a nice set for reasonable money.  There's a lot of info on here about restoring them.  The red center piece is what fades and looks bad on any in my price range.  Somebody had a set of steelies on here the other day for sale.

37 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I was thinking '72 through '76?  I think the wheels got wider on the 280s but the , I call them scallops, hubcaps should be the same.

'72-'76 sounds about right for the 2nd style Z hubcaps.  They should be easier to find and less expensive than the "up through" "71 style.  Back when my '71 Z was almost new and I was young & foolish, I didn't like the look of the hubcaps and traded them to someone for the hubcaps on their '73 that they didn't like.  I still have the full set of '73 hubcaps, but now that I'm old & foolish I wish I had the set that came on my '71.

Lots of single '72-'76 hubcaps, as well as full sets of four, on ebay currently.  Prices range from $9.95 for a single to $500 for a set of four.

Dennis

You might try a Wanted ad.  Except that I exposed what new costs.  I can delete all of mine if you want to reset your bargaining position.  Somebody has to have some old steelies that they swapped for mags.  Nobody loves the 280Z's either so they'll just look like scrap iron in the garage.

4 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I really like my 15×7 Koning Rewinds.  All aluminum and real light weight.  I paid around $100 each on sale and mail in rebates from directtire.com

I now have the Konig Rewinds, also.  Nice upgrade in size & looks.  My hubcaps are on a shelf in the garage.

Dennis

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2018 at 2:01 PM, Zed Head said:

I pinged someone who works parts at a local Nissan and NLA. Also had Nissanpartsdeal look as well, NLA. 

I went through this looking for the Datsun script emblem for the hatch. Ordered it as they said it was available. Day later, sorry, NLA.