IGNORED

Sway bar end link bushings

Phil Z

I purchased the MSA urethane bushings for my sway bar and end links the photo shows one side with a raised surface. Does that go away from or toward the metal caps ? Or does it matter? Thanks for the help!Image1517778395.394576.jpg

Phil Smith

The raised lip goes in the sway bar. See photo's.

The lip is there to prevent the swaybar touching the metal bolt. Prevents meta, to metal rubbing noises and acceleratd wear on the bolt.

ens-3-5207g_w.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Edited by EuroDat
  • Like 1

The raised lip goes in the sway bar. See photo's.
The lip is there to prevent the swaybar touching the metal bolt. Prevents meta, to metal rubbing noises and acceleratd wear on the bolt.
ens-3-5207g_w.jpg.6a15f8921a48c8bca8699b2ce67e0af0.jpg
s-l300.jpg.8777a4110ea9a7894d91bb3ab2d2d720.jpg

What you explained to me makes perfect sense, unfortunately I have another issue now as I see your pictures of how it is supposed to look are different from what I have in bushing washers. My end links are original equipment. There were 4 bushings and 5 washers. Two of the washers are fixed in position.The picture I am including shows where I think they were located but this would allow the metal washer direct contact with the sway bar. I am pointing at the washer in question. This washer has a larger diameter hole but the new bushing doesn’t fit through the hole. Image1517813780.082198.jpgAnyone else see what I am asking about? Note: this is the first time these bushings have been removed in the 46 years I have had this Z. 1972. Anyone have a picture of there original links and bushings? Thanks

Phil Smith

20 minutes ago, Phil Z said:

What you explained to me makes perfect sense, unfortunately I have another issue now as I see your pictures of how it is supposed to look are different from what I have in bushing washers. My end links are original equipment. There were 4 bushings and 5 washers. Two of the washers are fixed in position.The picture I am including shows where I think they were located but this would allow the metal washer direct contact with the sway bar. I am pointing at the washer in question. This washer has a larger diameter hole but the new bushing doesn’t fit through the hole. Image1517813780.082198.thumb.jpg.23c880899e8a1143083475401cc023a1.jpgAnyone else see what I am asking about? Note: this is the first time these bushings have been removed in the 46 years I have had this Z. 1972. Anyone have a picture of there original links and bushings? Thanks

Phil Smith

You have the extra washer on the Bottom side of the swaybar. It should be on the top side. See pos#31 in screenshot. It is not used when you use PU bushes.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

POS31.JPG

Edited by EuroDat