IGNORED

E-31 cylinder head

madkaw

Refurbished Datsun E 31 cylinder head for sale. This cylinder head came off a 1971 240 Z that I recently parted out. It was in very clean condition when I found it, but needed some TLC. This would be an ideal head for your restoration with its clean casting and stock specs. I decided not to modify this head because the cam was in such wonderful condition as well as the valve train. I have listed below what I have checked and had done on this head. I am presenting a cylinder head that you should be able to unbox and bolt to your motor.

Stock valve sizes.

Pressure checked head.

Machine surfaced all three sides of mating surfaces . I measure a total of .018 removed from head thickness.

All threads cleaned. 

All bronze intake seats replaced with steel.

All guides within tolerance, new Viton guide seals installed

Complete valve job with new intake seats blended to ports.

All new valve springs.

All wipe patterns checked and any adjustments made. 

Valve lash is adjusted on all valves.  

All combustion chambers cleaned of pitting and sharp edges ,and unshrouded for breathing purposes. 

All Chambers CC’d and all measure 41.8cc plus or minus .2 cc

All new exhaust/intake studs installed .

New inspection plate. 

New freeze plug installed

Sprocket is used and was just mounted to provide proper spacing for cam.

This head never saw a bead blast cabinet and was run thru a parts washer at least 3 times.

I am asking 1100$ for the head with  credit for your core. Core does not have to be an E-31 casting . Will always consider partial trades for Z parts. . Like I said earlier this should be good to run out of the box . I will ship with a valve cover . Price includes  shipping in the USA

I will be glad to answer any specific questions and will offer tech support to buyer if needed. 

PM me or email

sfinnerty1018@gmail.com

658E2337-9E59-4348-B72A-EA84AD6F356E.jpeg

882FAC20-FC22-4ECA-8306-C52C60690EFB.jpeg

A2012DFC-06CA-43CC-9970-2F9A7033CFA6.jpeg

0ED0BEAB-F0EE-47D0-A66B-D0CF816E1FD6.jpeg

AB4F9DF7-F1CA-4201-9A25-B14BFDD51D28.jpeg

Edited by madkaw
  • Like 1