IGNORED

What is this?

BDJeff

I would hazard the guess that it is a protective guide to ease the installation of the replacement boot so that the boot is not scarred. The narrow end covers the threads/ end of the assembly---the funnel expands the boot.

How IT is removed is unknown.  :huh:

Is IT very soft? Maybe it can be collapsed and withdrawn from the small end of the boot.

Edited by Zup

Encabulators, like Z's, came in many iterations.  After the basic versions appeared in the late 1940's, they were embraced by the LA 'hop-up' community, who quickly generated modified versions for both 'show' and 'go'.  My personal favorite was the chrome-reversed encabulator.

1 hour ago, rturbo 930 said:

I think it just protects the ball joint so the threads don't get damaged in the box/while being handled.

You got it, plastic cap to protect the threads and rubber boot.

36 minutes ago, Namerow said:

Encabulators, like Z's, came in many iterations.  After the basic versions appeared in the late 1940's, they were embraced by the LA 'hop-up' community, who quickly generated modified versions for both 'show' and 'go'.  My personal favorite was the chrome-reversed encabulator.

I had to look that one up, I think this the original description ,

The original machine had a base plate of prefabulated aluminite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two main spurving bearings were in a direct line with the pentametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-bovoid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible tremie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters.

" The original machine had a base plate of prefabulated aluminite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two main spurving bearings were in a direct line with the pentametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-bovoid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible tremie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters. " 

There's a nice piece of english....Pfffff.......    still don't have the foggiëst idea what a encabulator is! :blink: