IGNORED

240z rear wheel cylinder clips

Tirnipgreen

Hello to all. I just picked up a 1973 240z out of a buddy's garage. His wife bought it new and it has sat for the last 10 years in the back of their garage. I am replacing the rear brake cylinders and cannot remember the way the locking plates go back. There is a flat one with holes and a curved one with bumps. Does the curved one go in from the back of the car first with the bumps up...and then the heavy flat one goes in from the front on top of the thin one, so the holes lock into the bumps...? Any help is appreciated...Riley

The car is now mine. It is from Chicago and has rust in places. It had an extensive body makeover in 1980...just 7 years after being purchased...! Fenders, doors, rockers, quarters were all replaced. The car has 104,000 miles and runs well for having sat for a decade. I am a British car guy (Triumphs), so the carbs are no problem for me to deal with...waiting on a fuel pump at the moment. The one thing about the car I don't care for is...no A/C...!

I couldn't get to the factory manual diagram you sent...will try again.

Thanks, Riley