IGNORED

DATSUN LLC Rebuilt Engine Opinion

jalexquijano

3 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Oil pressure in these engines always runs on the low side at low RPM.  And the oil pressure senders are known to be inaccurate.  You can't really decide on what to do about it until you get an accurate a gauge and record real numbers.

Oil pressure won't affect driveability until right before the engine seizes up.

+1 You need a new mechanic.

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, motorman7 said:

Just my opinion on a couple things:

1)  I doubt that the oil pressure is the problem with the accelerate and idle problems.  Sounds like carb adjustment to me.  Also, could be fuel vapor lock issue.

2)  I don't really trust the oil gauge value on the 240Z gauges.  You would probably want a direct pressure gauge to the block oil port to measure real values.

3)  If I did contact the seller, I would ask what rings and bearings were installed. Does he have the receipts.  these parts are as important as the head items if not more.

4) probably not worth the time and effort to sue if you do not have direct oil pressure data

5)  Not sure what disassembling block would do for you.  Just change out the oil pump if you are concerned about it's integrity. Much cheaper and easier.

The oil pump is the original one from 46 years ago. Any advantages on buying the high capacity oil pump sold by MSA:

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/17-8021

Just Street use and eventual hard driving on weekends at the highway. Lots of traffic indeed.

7 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

Im just curious to know what will this pump provide 

This is what I think will happen when you replace the oil pump..(see quote below)

On 1/30/2018 at 1:39 PM, jalexquijano said:

...... i have been struggling with the car in order to get it stable under stop and accelerate idle traffic conditions

Your problem is most likely carbs

Edited by motorman7

4 hours ago, motorman7 said:

This is what I think will happen when you replace the oil pump..(see quote below)

Your problem is most likely carbs

Carbs have beem perfectly rebuilt by ztherapy and tuned as shown in their video.

Edited by jalexquijano

11 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

Carbs have been perfectly rebuilt by ztherapy and tuned as shown in their video.

I am  guessing you probably just adjusted the air flow per the video.  Ztherapy sets the standard mixture flow to two open turns, which is probably how you received yours.  My set from ztherapy was set the same way and car ran like crap at the high end and on acceleration.  I opened the mixture dial one more turn (three turns total) and the car now runs perfect.  Each car is different and one size does not fit all. I still think it's carbs.