IGNORED

240zrubberparts project car

nix240z

3 hours ago, DatsunZGuy said:

Replated AM radio housing? And I thought I was OCD :D

Outstanding restoration and fantastic attention to detail.

You have no idea!!! Steve has plated stuff that will probably never see the light of day again. Reproduced tags for the wiring harnesses. Truly a  museum class restoration!

Isn’t the plastic a vapor barrier to Prevent moisture inside the doors from reaching the door panels? I always thought if moisture got in the doors, I would want it to escape any way it could. And if the sheet metal could dry at the expense of the door panels, so be it.  Am I looking at it wrong?

9 hours ago, 87mj said:

Isn’t the plastic a vapor barrier to Prevent moisture inside the doors from reaching the door panels? I always thought if moisture got in the doors, I would want it to escape any way it could. And if the sheet metal could dry at the expense of the door panels, so be it.  Am I looking at it wrong?

The door will dry even with plastic in place. The door isn't air tight even with the window up. When the window is down there is even more ventilation. If you expose the door panels to moisture they will warp, mold and generally do bad things. I have multiple sets that exhibit this type of damage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been working on the seat. 

Replated the hardware, sandblasted frame, painted with 2k ceramic black, new webbing and new stainless steel carriage bolts.

I have new foam and new seat covers.

I have about 10 hrs in just this seat. 

seat3.jpg

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

• Like 2