IGNORED

240zrubberparts project car

nix240z

Looking for a picture of the original factory installed 240z inner door plastic vapor barrier. 

I have been so busy the last 3 years with www.240zrubberparts.com helping out other owners with their projects, my project has been stalled out.

I started working on getting the doors back together today. 

Everything has been replated and installed new window rollers and cups.

door1.jpg

door2.jpg

door3.jpg

door4.jpg

door5.jpg

door6.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Namerow said:

There's a diagram in the FSM titled, 'Door Sealing Screen' that provides a pretty good pattern for the OE barrier sheet. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of same in my files.

Thanks for the tip...

I used 4 mill plastic sheet and 3m strip-calk. 

door7.jpg

door8.jpg

• Like 1

I still have my plastic, you are very close.  It followed the edge before the panel drops in and has about 3/8" overlap.  On the top it came about 1/2" from the spot welds near the window.  At the window crank the screws went went thru the plastic, and the hole around the crank was about 1/4" large diameter the the hole in the door panel.  around the door handle was very rough.  It looked like it went under the handle and was glued in the flat spot.  It covered most of the space around the handle, the bottom of the plastic was glued below the handle and did not go around.   The plastic is very clear and thin, It was hard to make a pattern in butcher paper.

6 minutes ago, ajmcforester said:

I still have my plastic, you are very close.  It followed the edge before the panel drops in and has about 3/8" overlap.  On the top it came about 1/2" from the spot welds near the window.  At the window crank the screws went went thru the plastic, and the hole around the crank was about 1/4" large diameter the the hole in the door panel.  around the door handle was very rough.  It looked like it went under the handle and was glued in the flat spot.  It covered most of the space around the handle, the bottom of the plastic was glued below the handle and did not go around.   The plastic is very clear and thin, It was hard to make a pattern in butcher paper.

Did you take any pictures?