IGNORED

Carpet Fix

trevorgrubb

There are 2 main approaches to the carpet. One is the factory pattern carpets.The other is more of a custom setup that usually covers the transmission tunnel and sometimes the rear strut towers.

I am of course assuming "restore"means replacing. If not you could redye the carpet you have and respray vinyl to get good color.

There was an older thread on the original supplier of the carpet kits

@Zup

If you do a custom kit they sometimes need massaging with heat to get them to fit properly

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Alsooo... you can always call a carpet restore company 😄  Like, if I were you I'd rather call some professionals than try and fix something myself. Maybe it is cheaper, but not always practical. I agree that there are people who are talented at everything and can do better themselves. But let's be honest... not all of us are the same 🙂 When I burned a hole in my carpet, I called radiant carpet repairs, and they got it fixed and even brought it back to life with an update. And it didn't cost that much money. Sometimes, it is better to give some cash for a better job that will bring you satisfaction further 🙂

https://radiantcarpetrepairs.com.au/carpet-repairs-campbelltown/

Edited by Abywat

On 1/16/2018 at 2:01 PM, trevorgrubb said:

What is the best way to restore the carpet and padding in a 240z? Are there kits out there that work well, or should I just cut everything myself? Is there sound deadening material I should use?

Cutting carpet to fit the Z, unless you do it for a living, probably won't give you the results you seek.  Preformed carpet sets are available for floor and rear deck at a reasonable price from several sources like:

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/classic08g07

You can add sound deadening or heat insulating material under the carpet.  Again, many ways to go with costs that vary.  However, not a big expense for something functional that dresses up the Z interior.

Dennis

• Like 1

I was surprised when I found carpets for the ZX on Rockauto. They look pretty decent and have a couple of options to chose from. No idea on quality.

I didn’t look for earlier Zs but would assume they do since they have them for the less loved ZX’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2021 at 7:39 PM, siteunseen said:

Would they need my car or just the carpets? What about shipping? I have ACC 30 minutes from me so I'm a little prejudiced. LOL

Tell me more, share a link. I vaguely recall seeing a thread on the topic but my summer work schedule has limited my Z homework time. 
thanks

42 minutes ago, Trnelson said:

Tell me more, share a link. I vaguely recall seeing a thread on the topic but my summer work schedule has limited my Z homework time. 
thanks

https://www.accmats.com/

That's their website but you can buy way cheaper, about half their price buying from one of their vendors. rockauto.com is where I would buy but their carpets are all over Ebay too. Go to the website and get the kit number after you decide what you want then google that number + auto carpet and see what pops up. rockauto.com is quicker though. Lots of choices to consider. If I remember right the 70 thru 78 have loop originally but then they went to cut pile on the ZX.