IGNORED

1978 Datsun 280z For Sale (San Francisco, CA)

Kevin McSweeney

1978 Datsun 280z for sale.

The good:
Original L28 2.8l straight-six motor. Starts and runs. Good compression. Sounds great.
5-speed manual transmission.
Fuel system recently overhauled - Fuel tank sandblasted, relined and sealed, and undercoated. New fuel pump and filter.
New oil, filter, NGK spark plugs and fuel injection and pump relays.
Odometer shows 37,xxx miles. Has more than likely rolled over.
4 new tires 225/65/15
Sunroof model.
Clean title.
Car is partially registered - fees all paid. Just needs smog to get tags. It is a federal/non-California car (Originally from Nevada) so will be a little easier to smog.
Complete car.

The bad:
Floor panels and frame rails have some rust and will likely need to be replaced.
Clutch hydraulics (master cylinder and slave cylinder) need to be replaced. Clutch still has some life in it.
Windscreen needs to be replaced due to large crack.

Unfortunately I do not have the time or space to restore the car at the moment.
Excellent candidate for restoration project.
Car will need to be towed.
Not interest in trades. Looking to sell ASAP.

$2,500 obo

Car is located in San Francisco, CA
Call (415) 597-6459
Email kevinwmcsweeney@gmail.com

IMG-0873.JPG

IMG-0874.JPG

IMG-0861.JPG

IMG-0882.JPG

IMG-0860.JPG

4 hours ago, Kevin McSweeney said:

It is a federal/non-California car (Originally from Nevada) so will be a little easier to smog.

It has an egr, and if it has a catalytic converter they will run the emissions as a CA car IIRC. Mine is a CA car and its a PITA to pass emissions

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised. All that was needed to get it running (since the previous photo which you were absolutely right about the disconnected relays) was to clean up a few of the relays and injectors. Gonna cost a lot of time and money to restore but will be worth it in the end hopefully. 

My frame rails are rusted and have holes in them. Going to start a thread on it soon to get some advice from this forum. You can't help but enjoy conversing with other members on this forum. It has taught me many things and I have to say it helps keep my moral up when it comes to repairs and what not.

Just saying that if you decide to keep it and stay with this club you will have fun.