IGNORED

[SOLD] 74 260Z, swapped, built, clean!

thedarkie

Hey all, Im deciding to part with my Z after many years of happy ownership. I now have 2 young kids and 0 time to enjoy what I've built. I'm trading for something more modern and kid-friendly.

I'm only posting this for sale here and at the classicz forums. If an enthusiast doesn't find it here, it'll go for auction (ebay or bat) come spring time.

key facts: extremely clean, rust free, tons of awesome parts and a fully built forged 6.0L engine on an aftermarket block! Well sorted, turn the key and enjoy. 

nXYLWtA.jpg

I bought this car in 2012 from New Hampshire and went through the proper channels to import into Canada. Considering its age and that its originally a US car, you can confidently re-import it into the USA problem free. When I got it, it was freshly restored on a rotisserie and had a plain 5.0L swap. Since then I've swapped in a freshly built Ford 363 on an aftermarket Dart block with a forged bottom end. All the goodies are here for huge power, or just leave it N/A and enjoy a reliable 500hp. Dart SHP block with 4-bolt mains, forged crank, H beam rods, diamond 10:1 pistons, Trickflow R series heads, Edelbrock Super Victor Jr intake, Canton oil pan and aftermarket pump with pickup. Transmission is a freshly built (3000 miles?) world-spec T5. Full disclosure: this transmission is adequate for street driving but will probably not take very many hard launches as the motor exceeds its power rating. It works beautifully though, just don't expect to beat the **** out of it. Clutch is a new Centerforce unit installed with motor.

The engine is still carbureted and runs extremely well, however I will be included most of the parts to convert to EFI. Ford Motorsport injectors and rails, a billet 4bbl throttle body with all sensors, and an MS2 ecu with flying lead harness. The Edelbrock intake is already set up for injectors, which are currently plugged with machined caps. What you'll need to complete the EFI conversion is a fuel pump and a regulator, and of course to do the basic wiring. I bought these parts but never got around to converting it. It runs extremely well with a carb, so the motivation just wasn't there for me. 

The rest of the car has full Arizona Z Car coilover suspension, rear tubular control arms and Wilwood brakes. The front brakes are an upgrade from another Nissan, but I can't remember the exact spec 280ZX??? New Wilwood master cylinder and OEM booster installed last year. Brakes are very strong. R200 LSD. 

Wheels are original Panasport 16" 

Exhaust is fully custom built and absolutely gorgeous, a shame to hide it under the car. 1-7/8 runners all stainless. 

I don't have many pics of the interior, but I will take more for any interested parties. The dash is super clean, the seats are in top condition and Ive installed a Momo leather wheel. The carpets are ok, but to be perfect it would benefit from a professional carpet install. Its not a concours car, but its in excellent condition nevertheless. ZERO rust. It hasn't seen a cloudy day since being built and its stored properly in a garage at all times. 

I have 2 stacks of folders documenting the car as it exchanged hands between previous owners. The papers date back at least 30 years. A couple of guys have spent a LOT of money on this car over the years, its been well cared for. Even before it went on the rotisserie it was in quite good condition. This car was never a rust-bucket. 

Considering the overall quality of the car and the cost of the motor (block alone is $3000, the whole engine would be at least $10,000 to replicate) I think I'm asking a reasonable $26,000 for the car. 

Some photos in a Google album below. I'll be adding more as I sort through them. Thanks for your interest. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BZUSGFiIL3fGKDpJ2

Edited by thedarkie

• 1 month later...

Surprisingly few pictures and details, for the money that you're asking.  Did you build the engine or have it built for you?  Stuff like that.  Not that I'm thinking about buying it. 

The text says only posting here and at the classicz forums.  Is here here, or is here somewhere else.  Either way, Hybridz seems more appropriate than here.  But you probably know that.  Have you thought about BAT, with a reserve?  Might be interesting.

Good luck.

I copied the text from my hybridz ad. Thanks for pointing out the mistake. As stated in the original post, it'll go to BaT or eBay come spring. Motor was built and swapped in by a reputable speed shop in Toronto. I assume an interested party will want to open up a private dialogue for all the minutiae.  

I assume you found the link to my Google photos album at the bottom of the post? It being winter now is hard to take a large collection of photos of the car, but I feel I presented the necessary ones to at least attract potential buyers to ask for more. 

Edited by thedarkie