IGNORED

SU Carb Rebuilder in FL

z32 fairlady

I am familiar with ZTherapy (Oregon) and Paltech (Ohio) services although have not used either personally. However, I am curious to know if there are any local, trustworthy shops in FL that are able to rebuild the SU Carbs for a '71 240Z.

I've also come across these - https://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-240Z...19.m1438.l2649

Basically my concern is the turn around time. I thought about rebuilding it myself and found a great write up but it might take me just as long with the current 2-3 month wait time. Too many projects on the honey-do list for the new year...

Thoughts and feedback on vendors above also appreciated. Happy New Year everyone!

For those looking for the write up - http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/t.../?_fromLogin=1

Imo, if the carbs are in relatively good shape (throttle shafts not severely worn) and they're just dirty, there's no reason to have someone rebuild them for you. Purchase rebuild kits and the video "Just SU's" from ZTherapy and have a go at them yourself. It doesn't take a long time at all. They're EASY to refresh and it will be a great opportunity to learn about them.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

Imo, if the carbs are in relatively good shape (throttle shafts not severely worn) and they're just dirty, there's no reason to have someone rebuild them for you. Purchase rebuild kits and the video "Just SU's" from ZTherapy and have a go at them yourself. It doesn't take a long time at all. They're EASY to refresh and it will be a great opportunity to learn about them.

I agree with Mark unless you want them totally restored. Then your best options are the two you already mentioned...

• Like 1