IGNORED

saturday night music thread

sweatybetty

8 hours ago, sweatybetty said:
9 hours ago, sweatybetty said:

DSCN0473.JPG

Nice ReVox A77 MK 3  Yes they made 4 types of them from round 1967 till 1984!!  that good were they!  It's one of the best taperecorders ever made..  A77 MK1 till MK4.

Just this week i was repairing my own B215 cass tapedeck!  After 30 years it needed only a drop of oil and 2 new pinchrollers!!

This machine is from 1986, bought it new at my work.. ReVox Import Netherlands!!  Was a ReVox engineer for a few years, but i was not the person for a 9 to 5 buro job so later on i was a service engineer, much more fun!

b215.jpg  Here you see also a part of the cd player B226..  i had a complete set B200 series.. (could have bought a Mercedes from it...haha..)   With the biggest speakers ReVox had at that time The Symbol B  MK2..  sound was great until the B251  (A very complicated power amp. gave up.  I remember that in the 80's when a B251 came in for repair.. the chief engineer asked for a new amp and powersupply for it... HAHAHA.... those things were to complicated, just put new units in it and send it to the customer!   I tried to repair my amp but no succes..   The B215 however works after 30 year still perfect!  Even the music i recorded with it in the 80- and 90-'s  sound realy good!!  (all high quality tapes and stored in a good climate!! that's important.)

Mart.

7 hours ago, sweatybetty said:

for our brothers up in the great white north

Gordon Lightfoot, Terry Jacks, Neil Young, Rush and Heart are all Canucks.  When Heart was just starting out they played a lot of high school dances, they played my school, Edmonds Junior Secondary in 1974 grade 9, great show.

EDIT, sorry, Heart is an American band, they placed so much in the Vancouver BC area I just assumed they were local.

Edited by grannyknot

My road trip playlist is Stones, Hendrix, Parliament, James Brown, and some named above.  Mazzy Star for quiet time. But as a guitar picker myself, I can't deny my great love for the Soukous. It's rock n roll to me. Franco & OK  Jazz is my favorite Kinshasa band, but check out a little Tabu Ley with Mbilia Bel and shake it down.

This from about thirty years ago I think. Original version is in Swahili. This English version by non-English speakers went big all over Africa. No one understands the lyrics but you sort of know what they mean.

Edited by Stanley

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, sweatybetty said:

KWS is a big Mopar guy. He joined our caravan from CA to Vegas for the Mopars at the Strip show. I talked to him during one of our stops and helped him at the show when he had a problem with one of his cars.

Chuck