IGNORED

A/F ratio for L28

Stanley

11 hours ago, rcb280z said:

If I'm trying to set it, tune it, for emissions I need it to be a steady as possible. Am I asking too much?

Thought your car would be exempt by now. F.I. right ?  Mine has SU's, that stuff is beyond me. It's B.S. that you can't modify it. Rebuild the engine, install a Cat and a modern EFI, get emissions way down from what you're allowed with the stock engine, and it's still illegal. Makes no sense.

7 hours ago, Stanley said:

Thought your car would be exempt by now. F.I. right ?  Mine has SU's, that stuff is beyond me. It's B.S. that you can't modify it. Rebuild the engine, install a Cat and a modern EFI, get emissions way down from what you're allowed with the stock engine, and it's still illegal. Makes no sense.

You should come to Canada.  The laws and rule are now based on how one feels rather than on truth, science, facts or what the majority think. 

It is even becoming more insane than how South Park portrays Canada.

xMRDflf.gif

Edited by 240260280
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Stanley said:

Thought your car would be exempt by now.

That would be a NO. I've talked about this before. I know I can do all kinds of things to make it run better and install aftermarket efi to make it run cleaner but it would fail the "visual" inspection of the emissions testing. Maybe I'll record the next emissions testing I have. It's almost as if they have been told to find something wrong/not correct so they can fail you because if you own an older vehicle you are considered a bad person and are the main contributing factor to the air pollution problem, period! The only thing I have that's not stock with my engine is the exhaust header. At idle I'm supposed to be at 0.5 % CO's at the most! A half percent! That's max. My Z, being stock, doesn't like to run that lean. Anyway, I could go on and on about it but have already jacked this thread, sorry Stanely.

8 hours ago, 240260280 said:

You should come to Canada

I should. Wish I could.

Edited by rcb280z

3 hours ago, rcb280z said:

That would be a NO. I've talked about this before. I know I can do all kinds of things to make it run better and install aftermarket efi to make it run cleaner but it would fail the "visual" inspection of the emissions testing. Maybe I'll record the next emissions testing I have. It's almost as if they have been told to find something wrong/not correct so they can fail you because if you own an older vehicle you are considered a bad person and are the main contributing factor to the air pollution problem, period! The only thing I have that's not stock with my engine is the exhaust header. At idle I'm supposed to be at 0.5 % CO's at the most! A halh percent! That's max. My Z, being stock, doesn't like to run that lean. Anyway, I could go on and on about it but have already jacked this thread, sorry Stanely.

Why can't you register it in another state? what prevents you from doing that?

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 8:25 AM, rcb280z said:

If I'm trying to set it, tune it, for emissions I need it to be a steady as possible. Am I asking too much?

Do you have a modern Catalytic converter on it? If not buy a universal 3 way Cat. It's amazing how clean you can get an engine with a Cat.

My Hillclimb/Autocross 1986 Camaro put out 425 bhp. 355 CI  SBC, 10.5 CR , SBC running a 750 DP Holley ( Mind you a very HEAVILY modified Holley )  I could easily pass our Emissions testing when we had them. In fact it ran cleaner than a 1992 EFI spec 305.  1986 Canadian Camaro's came with a Quadrajet. Our Aircare originally did visual inspections. But in later years thye dropped them becuase:

1: The hired staff they had did not have a clue what thye were looking at.

2: All that really mattered was what came out the tailpipe. As long as that met specs they couldn't care less what was under the hood!!

But a new ( only used 1 Day per year ) Catalytic converter really, really cleans things up. V-Bands make things easy... 

Edited by Chickenman

1 minute ago, Chickenman said:

Do you have a modern Catalytic converter on it?

Yes, specific to this state. Ca has it's own rules. I can't remember all the details off hand but, There are certain "codes" on the cats here and if it isn't the one "this state" requires for your vehicle then you are failed immediately.