IGNORED

Rear Brake Line Rubbing Against Drive Shaft

wil84911

I replaced the rear line with oem but the new line is gonna get ruptured as well. After a short test drive I discovered the line is rubbing against the rotating drive shaft (hope I identified it correctly). Am I missing a part or a longer line is needed? Thanks

IMG_9157.JPGIMG_9162.JPG

12/70 2.6 block E88 heads Mallory DCOE40 3/2 Twice pipes Tokico 1, 3/4 in sways, ext oil cooler

I bought coated braided stainless lines off ebay for maybe $50 for all four.  They worked out fine.

Yours look too short to me, they are stretched.  I think more length is what you need.  If I remember right there is a difference between the fronts and the rears.  Maybe you have fronts on the back?

Just bought these off Motorsport (rears). I guess longer braided lines it is and orient them away from moving part if possible. Thanks

12/70 2.6 block E88 heads Mallory DCOE40 3/2 Twice pipes Tokico 1, 3/4 in sways, ext oil cooler

The stock rubber lines are longer on the rear than on the fronts, maybe you got a set of fronts by accident. 

Maybe.. though measured about 11 inches
IMG_9166.JPG

It would have been more usefull had I posted the F/R lengths, but I don't know them off hand.... Not in a place I can measure them right now..

No worries. Thanks. I just hope ones I just ordered have correct lengths. I will follow up on progress.

Looks to me like somebody put parts on the wrong sides.  Probably wheel cylinders, and/or hard lines.  The hydraulic hose should have only a smooth 90 degree curve, not a 90 then the 180 that your picture shows.  The hose is entering its second connection from the wrong direction.

Just guessing, based on the FSM diagram and your problem.  11" is the long hose.  I remember your problem from the last time.

image.png

Looks to me like somebody put parts on the wrong sides.  Probably wheel cylinders, and/or hard lines.  The hydraulic hose should have only a smooth 90 degree curve, not a 90 then the 180 that your picture shows.  The hose is entering its second connection from the wrong direction.
Just guessing, based on the FSM diagram and your problem.  11" is the long hose.  I remember your problem from the last time.
image.png.f7f3470a4d49c6d8c4cd6bcfb0ad82eb.png

You are correct. I will try correcting it by reversing the hardline. Can it be twisted with no issue?

When bending hard lines you won't know if you have an issue until you have an issue.  If you want to buy some time until you get a chance to swap the wheel cylinders you can buy pre-fitted specific lengths of hard line at the auto parts stores and bend them to the application.  Fresh tubing bends much easier than aged, already bent tubing.  "Work hardening".  Sounds like you don't want to get in to the shoes and hardware right now.

• Like 1