IGNORED

Mid-west Datsun Parts Swap Meet?

JLPurcell

Is there an annual Datsun swap meet in the mid-west? Next year I believe that would be the best way to thin out a parts stash. No EBAY, No Shipping! I cleaned out my garage last weekend and plan to clean out the second story this winter and spring. A swap meet will be badly needed and would be a fun event! 

I think maybe @Steve should put this together at ZCon next year! Suds, shine and Parts. Of course if there is enough interest.

FL has the Turkey run that just passed. Maybe they import section now, but I've heard it's mostly American parts. 

1 hour ago, JSM said:

I think maybe @Steve should put this together at ZCon next year! Suds, shine and Parts. Of course if there is enough interest.

FL has the Turkey run that just passed. Maybe they import section now, but I've heard it's mostly American parts. 

Would be a great addition to the events and give ease of access to others spare parts. I do believe that the INDY club should consider a swap meet for the mid-west as well. You never can tell what the interest will be.

JLP

Edited by JLPurcell

Problem with Zcon is those who drive to the event in a Z are limited in what they can bring and what they can take back because of space and how dirty / sloppy the parts are. Other problem is that I don't want to load up the car with a whole bunch of parts, only to bring the same parts home again.    :)

It would be great if there was a "needs" list or something. A thread started with the intention of arranging swap details?

Like "I'm going to Zcon... Who needs what parts?" or something.

• Like 1

I wish more people from here would go to the show and swap meet at Carlisle. We have 2000+ show cars, race car display, hundreds of vendor spaces, cars for sale, auto-x, drifting, burnout contest, scenic cruise, bikini contest, etc.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-import-and-performance-nationals/default.aspx

Chuck

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, JLPurcell said:

Do you think we could put this together? Maybe help from the Indy club?

Sure.  I just don't know how effective I would be.  I live by Ft Wayne.  Honestly, I didn't know Indy had a Z club.  I am just saying that up front so you know what kind of person you are dealing with here.  :)

• Like 1