IGNORED

1972 240z datsun rolling shell was rust free (Just a little Crispy)

JSM

To a certain degree (sic), burning out all the moisture is a good thing, but

There is a temperature threshold you don't want to exceed or the expansion and possible melting might cause both a structural strength and alignment issue.

28 minutes ago, zKars said:

To a certain degree (sic), burning out all the moisture is a good thing, but

There is a temperature threshold you don't want to exceed or the expansion and possible melting might cause both a structural strength and alignment issue.

If the sheet metal was hot and sprayed with water which is likely, I'm betting the panels are warped.

1 hour ago, Mikes Z car said:

It is listed as in fair condition?  What would be poor condition?

LOL good point!  

That 2+2, at least that is what it looks like to me, is a bit tweaked. 

I bet they were nice. The house in the background looks pretty nice. I bet he lost the house and was devistated about the cars. Since oddly the only thing left is the foundation and the Z's. 

Edited by JSM

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2017 at 4:01 PM, JSM said:

LOL good point!  

That 2+2, at least that is what it looks like to me, is a bit tweaked. 

It's tough to tell by the picture how much the fire "tweeked" the 2 cars and if the heat compromised the structural integrity of them. But Nissan certainly "tweeked" the beautiful S30's original look when they decided to offer the 2+2 260Z and then again on the 280Z . I don't want to offend any of the 2+2 folks out there, but not a good look in my opinion. But even after being burnt to a "crisp" the original S30's shape still looks beautiful to me.

01313_agyDHk9QOgj_600x450.jpg

• Like 1