IGNORED

Nissan Datsun 240Z 1972 L24 (N.A.-tuning)

Marl

Hello everyone,
I´m Marl, 20 years old, and I´m about to buy a Nissan Datsun 240z 1972 manual in 2 weeks. Before you continue with reading I want you to know, that my english isn´t the best. You might see some incorrect words and tense. I  apologize.
But, let´s keep going, because of course I want to ask you something:
I was thinking about to drill the engine "wider". The L24 has a b
ore/stro
ke ratio of 83 x 73.7 mm and I wanted to ask, if someone of you ever drilled the engine block over 83 mm? 
If you did, what experiences do you get?
If you did, how far can you go? (84?85?)

And of course you need to know what I exactly want to build in my garage.
I want to make the full package:
-sharper camshaft to go higher rpm
-lighter/better valves and springs
-new lighter pistons with less skirt (also for higher rpm)
-new lighter rods
-precision-balanced crankshaft ( I already read a lot recommendations to use the crankshaft out of the L26 )
-3 SU´s (maybe Weber, idk; can you recommend something please?)
-headers and a full exaust-pipe

- and of course things like a better oil-pump, air-/water-cooler a.s.o.

What do you think would be the output on a engine like this? 

If you have any recommendations on my ideas, language or something else, let me know. I don´t bite ^^

Thank you for reading!

Vielen Dank wheee! ^^ 

rturbo 930, i heard about Rebello, but didnt know this. Thank you!
I red the hole post on the side you send me. It is indeed cheaper to send the engine in the US and back. But I want to do it all on my own. ( Buy all the parts and put it together ) I want to grow on this build, so I hope you understand, that your post was very usefull, but doesn´t answerd my question.
Still my big question is, how far I could drill it. I searched and searched but didn´t find the bore/stroke ration of the Rebello engine 
"Purist" 2.7. Do you know it?

7 minutes ago, Marl said:

Vielen Dank wheee! ^^ 

rturbo 930, i heard about Rebello, but didnt know this. Thank you!
I red the hole post on the side you send me. It is indeed cheaper to send the engine in the US and back. But I want to do it all on my own. ( Buy all the parts and put it together ) I want to grow on this build, so I hope you understand, that your post was very usefull, but doesn´t answerd my question.
Still my big question is, how far I could drill it. I searched and searched but didn´t find the bore/stroke ration of the Rebello engine 
"Purist" 2.7. Do you know it?

You were asking about boring out the L24. There's a post by Xnke in there that suggests that some L24 blocks would have enough wall thickness to go to 85mm.

Regarding Rebello's Purist 2.7, I can't say for sure, but using an L28 crank (79mm stroke) and 85mm bore would give you 2690cc. I'd bet that's what he does.

Munters ultimately made around 270hp with his build, so if you haven't read through the entire thread, you should. You can do it yourself, but that thread should give you a good idea of what can be done with an L24, and what it takes to reach the numbers that Munters did.

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo Marl

Rebello verkauft ganze kits. (Kolben, Pleuel, Kurbelwelle, Nockenwelle).

Rebello sells kits with piston rods, crank and cam.(also everything for your head, or he does the porting and assembling)

He strokes the 280 crank.

If you buy from him, the price is not much higher then buying yourself, but you know it works. If you wish i can give some more infos.

I just took a L24 apart and bores were drilled( bored) to 86mm - which I guess is not unheard of. Maybe not recommended doing before sonic testing. 

You don’t have to go huge bores to make fast fun engine . Put money in the cylinder head . 150 hp at the rear wheels is fun car with correct gearing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...