IGNORED

Seat belt release attachment point-correct belts for 260z?

882993md

Hi everyone:

I’m installing my seatbelts and the shoulder belt portion is fine. However the side with the release latch I can’t figure out how to attach this. I thought initially the bolt hole would be on the transmission tunnel but then I see this attachment point. 

If I try to attach it so that the receptacle is pointing  forward (between the tunnel and the car seat) it’s impossible to get a secure connection. There is a curve in the body  that doesn’t allow the seatbelt attachment point to lay flat. 

If I orient the belt so that the attachment point lines up perfect, then the belt is basically pointing towards the back of the car versus forward.

I was also thinking do I have the wrong belts for my 260z?

Howard

F3FDE5B7-00F4-431F-AEE8-D14C9D8B03EC.jpeg

4B2B0947-99BA-4BCB-A0DD-04F7C78FEB3E.jpeg

71C4CDC7-6326-4964-B2CB-B6D69196C2D4.jpeg

29D76504-0CD2-4234-9D66-BB5F4D2BA330.jpeg

277E9FE8-20ED-4878-AA3A-3240B1FE08A2.jpeg

Edited by 882993md

I scoured the internet for 240z/260z seat belt location/attachment pictures and was able to find the following pictures. It seems my latch side doesn't have enough of the L bend in the bolt hole part.

I'm thinking possibly about using a MAPP gas torch to heat it and try bending it in a vice with help from a hammer. if the results aren't good I will just have to spend money on the Wesco roadster belts.

Howard

selt belt1.png

selt belt2.png

selt belt3.png.jpg

Edited by 882993md

I like my Wesco Roadster seatbelts which gives 3 point retractable and doesn't require any new fitting holes from the original belts. Skip the roadster belt hardware mounting kit and buy just 1 of these hardware kits instead.

https://www.wescoperformance.com/2poresebehak.html

The 2 "L" brackets are what you want for the buckle side of each belt. The rest of the mounting hardware can be re-used from the old belts.

Edited by w3wilkes