IGNORED

Mikuni FI Prototype?

Matthew Abate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw a guy on Instagram named Francisco Gutierrez (https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTvrwMREOb53ARiCs23q5tg) got his Jenvey system in the mail today. I’ll let you know what he says if he isn’t already on here and doesn’t chime in.

Edit: Here's his first post on it.

On 11/15/2017 at 11:00 AM, NVZEE said:

So how can we get in touch with Mikuni to convince them there’s enough interest to make them? I feel like they could undercut the competition and become the default solution.

Edited by Matthew Abate

Also, can someone point me to a GOOD thread about what is involved in converting a 240Z to EFI in addition to this one? I have a hazy sense of what is required (280Z gas tank, different  wiring harness, megasquirt or similar), but the search function is basically just yielding a bunch of threads of people asking if they should convert to the 280Z fuel injection and being told to use the search function. :/

Edited by Matthew Abate

7 hours ago, Matthew Abate said:

Also, can someone point me to a GOOD thread about what is involved in converting a 240Z to EFI in addition to this one? I have a hazy sense of what is required (280Z gas tank, different  wiring harness, megasquirt or similar), but the search function is basically just yielding a bunch of threads of people asking if they should convert to the 280Z fuel injection and being told to use the search function. :/

Not much to it:

1. The 240z fuel system has to go to high pressure so you just need a pump, filter, and high-pressure hose.  Typically it makes a circuit so you re-use the send and return hard lines from/to the tank.

2. The manifold needs to be changed to one that takes injectors.

3. The injectors need to be sized to the engine demand.

4. An injector controller/driver and engine sensors are needed to drive the injectors based on the engine speed and load.

5. The controller system needs electricity from the existing 12V bus.

Edited by 240260280

6 hours ago, Matthew Abate said:

You might get some ideas from these threads 

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/126610-carbs-to-fi-971/

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/113728-ms3x-install/