IGNORED

help with battery hold down

Dlobi

Had nothing but an ugly bent up tray. Getting tray, drain, top bracket and j hook. Looking at battery tray area I see where the bolt goes on the firewall but it is not obvious where the j hook would go down in front of the battery. I expected to see a hole or at least a bumped up edge or something to locate (hold) the j hook in place. All I see are some spot welds holding the mount in place. Initially covered in dust and undercoating I thought one of the spot welds was going to reveal a plugged hole. Does it simply hook under the lip of the tray? There are no witness marks where it would have been in the past. Tried google images with no luck.

Thanks!

20171026_102000.jpg

Just now, Dlobi said:

Yea, looks like battery height is as critical as length/width measurements if I want to use the stock bracket because how it bolts to the firewall eh?

I didn't have any problems with the optima other than height.

Is that a custom bracket for the optima battery?  I had to use a block under mine so I could use the stock battery hold down on my optima.

I picked this up years ago and do not remember where. Seems to work okay if your not concerned about looking original.

I really dislike where these batteries are in the 240 but there really isn’t a good place. A friend removed his tray and constructed one much lower turned out pretty decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile