IGNORED

Cool Exhaust Sound Options please

wil84911

Sorry, but I'm lost. I don't understand all of the distinctions being made with the terms above.

Duals
Duals all the way to the back
Twice pipes
Split pipe

I understand that all of these options eventually end up with two tips sticking out the rear of the car, but how many mufflers are used, and where does the separation between the two sides start?    :huh:

Okay, let's try and keep this simple.

You can have twin exhaust outlets (tips)  and use one muffler or you can have a single exhaust leading to two mufflers but these aren't a dual exhaust set-up.

A true dual exhaust is split from the cylinder head itself. which in a V6 or V8 is very simple as you just plumb the pipes from each side back.

A straight 6 requires the cylinder exhaust ports (1-2-3 & 4-5-6) to be plumbed separately back to an individual muffler.

A crossover  "X" can also be installed to equalize back pressure.

Stock L-series engine don't have enough HP to make a true dual exhaust set-up worthwhile.

2 hours ago, Hodgimus-maximus said:

If you really want an exhaust you want your car to sound like, take your car to an exhaust shop with a mandrel bending machine and a welder. They will ask you what you want it to sound like and how loud you want it and weld exactly what you want for about $350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is I want the 80's Ansa sound and I just don't think it can be replicated by any system. Thanks

Edited by wil84911

Well your Abarth system is as close to Ansa duals as your going to get .

I actually went as far as contacting Ansa and talked to Mike ( I believe) who has been at Ansa since Datsun systems were around. He basically said that he would make a run of Ansa exhausts if someone could bring in an exhaust to replicate . 

The original dyes are whatever was used burned up in Europe many years ago , so he would have to copy a system .

Run 2.5 inch piping to a zstory jdm style muffler, no resonator. You won't be disappointed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Thanks. You read my mind. I didn't want to cut out my rear valance so retracted my twice pipes order and went with the 2.5 inch system instead. Plan B was to replace the turbo muffler with the zstory one.

12/71 2.6 block E88 heads triple weber 3/2 Abarth Tokico 1-3/4 sways