IGNORED

Positive offset + wheel spacer = "simulated 0 offset" ?

AlbatrossCafe

Hey ya'll,

I have 14" stock rims and just ordered 205/60/R15 tires, so I need a new set of 15" wheels. I'm looking for 7" in diameter. I don't like the 2 or 3 options there are for 15x7's with 0 offset, and I'm trying to keep the tire track pretty close to stock. So it got me wondering.....

If I bought a wheel with 25mm (about 1") POSITIVE offset, but then combined it with a 25mm wheel spacer, wouldn't that simulate "0mm offset" in terms of clearance with calipers, brakes, spindle, etc.?

If yes, then this would be nice as it would give me more wheel options by using an 1" thick adapter to change bolt pattern, or picking a wheel with positive offset in 4x114.3 pattern.

Of course. It seems you know you can run them and appears you even have the correct hub centric ones on your truck. 

Like anything else, people do things incorrectly and spacers are no different. For fun jump on YouTube and look at all the failures that have occurred. 

Hello, I have a hybrid Z with an IMSA race series wide body kit. I had a really hard time finding Wheels trying to keep the four lug pattern. The only thing you might get out of putting in a wheel spacer it's probably bearing distortion. As the spacers are close to being balanced but not 100% percent.
It was either I spend approximately $5,000 on custom wheels or settling for a simpler wheel. I came across a relatively decent set of wheels with zero offset on eBay. As my car is 15 inch wider in rear stance and 8 inches wider in the front, was very hard finding rims. Overall I decided to go with a 9 inch wide, 16 inch rims, this gave me a very wide choice of tires in the extreme summer category. My car has the small block Chevrolet with 440 cubic inches, 700 + horsepower. So I wanted a really good aggressive tires.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Classic Zcar Club mobile

3 hours ago, Brett IMSA Z Hybrid said:

Hello, I have a hybrid Z with an IMSA race series wide body kit. I had a really hard time finding Wheels trying to keep the four lug pattern. The only thing you might get out of putting in a wheel spacer it's probably bearing distortion. As the spacers are close to being balanced but not 100% percent.
It was either I spend approximately $5,000 on custom wheels or settling for a simpler wheel. I came across a relatively decent set of wheels with zero offset on eBay. As my car is 15 inch wider in rear stance and 8 inches wider in the front, was very hard finding rims. Overall I decided to go with a 9 inch wide, 16 inch rims, this gave me a very wide choice of tires in the extreme summer category. My car has the small block Chevrolet with 440 cubic inches, 700 + horsepower. So I wanted a really good aggressive tires.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Classic Zcar Club mobile

pics please :)