IGNORED

Are the seat strap clips available anywhere?

Stike

I'm replacing the crappy Victoria British/Black Dragon straps that I installed in the early 90's and have had a couple of the clips that hook into the seat frame holding the straps in place break on me. Rather than see how many more break I'd rather just replace them all with new. I am able to make my own as it's pretty easy to fabricate a jig to bend the wire I would honestly rather just buy them if possible. I've check some upholstery supply stores online but have found nothing so far.

15 minutes ago, Namerow said:

Pretty sure he means these...

102_2010.JPG

Yep, these are what I'm after. After some basic Google searches it was pretty obvious that these aren't readily available so I bought some metal rod of the same diameter and will be fabricating a crude bending jig and make new ones.

Contact zKars.  I'll bet he's got a drawer-full of these in his storage room.

If you're in a hurry, though, there's no reason why you can bend your own.  However, you'll need to temper the steel afterwards, or else they'll just bend and pull out after you've sat on the seat a few times.  Heat the formed clip cherry red with a propane torch, then dunk it in cold water.  Not terribly scientific, but close enough.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2017 at 6:47 AM, Namerow said:

Contact zKars.  I'll bet he's got a drawer-full of these in his storage room.

If you're in a hurry, though, there's no reason why you can bend your own.  However, you'll need to temper the steel afterwards, or else they'll just bend and pull out after you've sat on the seat a few times.  Heat the formed clip cherry red with a propane torch, then dunk it in cold water.  Not terribly scientific, but close enough.

You will need a steel wire that will harden to do this.  Maybe you could bend them up from music wire if you can get the correct diameter wire.