IGNORED

center exhaust hanger hardware

Dave WM

75 280z CA model, has a hanger that is just in front of the cat, think same on non CA, just sits in front of the resonator.

all that was there was a bolt that was not really doing much as it would not stay on the mount ear of the transmission near the end of the tail shaft.

on my hard copy of the FSM is shows  a clip that goes under the middle of the trans and lock onto a bottom ridge. the clip then goes out to where the bolt fits thru the slot cut on the transmission ear. This effectively captures the bolt so it will not slide of the mount ear. the bolt secures the bottom hanger that is  clamped to the down pipe just before the cat or resonator.

I am missing this clip as well as what appears to be a top square with I presume a welded on bolt. the top square fits on top of the same sloted trans mount. I presume its a welded nut and the square part is captured in the hanger, so you don't have to get a wrench up there and hold it

its Detail "C" of the exhaust  system in the FSM where all the hangers are noted.

I cant see any form of soft mounting so I assume all that hardware is just to make it possible to use the slot opening on the mount ear. I am pretty sure I can replicate this as it looks like just some steel bent up to fit.

On the lack of soft mounting, I again assume that since the down pipe is hard mounted at the exhaust manifold flange, and the transmission is hard mounted to the engine, then there should be no engine torque effect between the two mount points. torque aft of the trans mount is handled by the soft mounts at the muffler.

if anybody has any live pics that have more clarity than the FSM I would like to see them.