IGNORED

Camshafts

footballnick17

I know when I bought my aftermarket cam they specifically asked whether it was carbed of EFI.  Said the "lobe separation was different between the two.

This is the one I bought for carburetors. 

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/10-2003

image.png
“The lobe separation angle is the angle in camshaft degrees between the maximum lift points, or centerlines, of the intake and exhaust lobes,” says Eric Bolander of Erson Cams. “It affects the amount of valve overlap; that is the brief period of time when both the intake and exhaust valves are open.”Dec 29, 2015

I think that EFI engines can handle more radical cam profiles because the fuel metering is more precise.  But Nissan used the exact same profile and lift for the 1973 240Z and 1976 280Z.  It's in the Engine Mechanical chapter.  Kind of weird.

cam specs 73 and 76.PNG

If it were mine I would call Schneider or Delta cams. Tell them what you have then what you're wanting. I've always read that EFI does not do well with an aggressive regrind. I'm speaking of the original Bosch system. I know forum member Madkaw has some type of high performance fuel injection and runs a cut down high performance cam.

I would call and talk to Datsun Spirit or Rebello Racing. They KNOW for sure. I'm repeating what I've read. Good luck.