IGNORED

Selling my genuine Fairlady Z & '71 240Z Package Deal

carnutatthebeach

Real deal Fairlady vin S30-01036 with original factory G nose, original owner had converted a few years later to LHD before shipping back to states, project, selling with my '71 240Z that can either be restored or used for donor. Both cars sold with Bill of Sale only. Pretty easy to get titles but I don't have time to fool with since we're moving. Full ad in classifieds on here with more details and pics. Moving and not going to have all my parking space that I currently have. Entertaining serious offers. Call (843) 267-3244 Dan

0810170924b-1.jpg

0729171413-1-1.jpg

0721171307.jpg

0721171903-1.jpg

0721171903e.jpg

0721171904.jpg

Edited by carnutatthebeach

9 minutes ago, esmit208 said:

How much for the 240? It's nice AND saveable!

Perfect, I'll take the fairlady then!   :) we can make a road trip out of it!

4 hours ago, carnutatthebeach said:

Real deal Fairlady vin S30-01036 with original factory G nose, original owner had converted a few years later to LHD before shipping back to states, project, selling with my '71 240Z that can either be restored or used for donor. Both cars sold with Bill of Sale only. Pretty easy to get titles but I don't have time to fool with since we're moving. Full ad in classifieds on here with more details and pics. Moving and not going to have all my parking space that I currently have. Entertaining serious offers. Call (843) 267-3244 Dan

Dan, just out of curiosity, what is a serious offer to you?  As I'm a cheap skate, I have a tendency to be insulting.  I'd rather you simply tell me what you looking for.

I think due to the rarity of the Fairlady, a package deal around $20k seems pretty fair. I really don't want to break the package up, but I'll listen. The 240Z needs some floor work and rockers, but overall it can be saved easily. The Fairlady needs more work and engine/tranny...but when are you going to find another???! I think that's a pretty reasonable number considering the 240Z fixed up is easily a $20-25k car, and the Fairlady if I can get my hands on the original motor and tranny in due time, will be worth $60-90k depending on quality of restoration. Thoughts?

The package is being sold as is in their current state. IF I get the other items, they'll be sold separately but the buyer of this package will be given first right of refusal and a better price. I'm fairly sure I can get them, just not sure how quickly. They're several hours away from the last owner in storage, he's older, and in no rush. I'll be fair with pricing. I'd love for your friend to come look. Thx

And when I posted that a month or so ago I had recently acquired the car and was told I'd be getting the engine, etc but I'm STILL waiting. Since then we've decided to move and I will not have all the storage and space that I currently do. I'm literally getting rid of 12 of my cars and reluctantly moving on.

I'd say that your ad needs more detail description on the Fairlady Z-L (and more detail photos) to be more effective. You'll attract an awful lot of time-wasters and dreamers unless you give them a reality check, and the kind of people who might well take it on as a realistic project will be needing more to go on too.

The situation regarding (possibly important to certain buyers....) key missing parts is not ideal. I'm sure you realise that, but if there's anything that can be done about it I'd be trying to settle the issue before sale if I were you.

In the previous thread, I asked whether the original firewall-engraved chassis number was present and correct. The answer will be one of several key points for what I would class as 'serious' potential buyers.