IGNORED

Tokico Rear Strut Spacer Tubing for 240z

lm71z

Hi everyone, I've read that the tokico rear illumina struts are the same thing as the front, but just have a short piece of tubing at the bottom that lengthens them just a bit. To anyone who's installed some tokico struts and dealt with the spacer- what is the proper length of the spacer so that the struts sit at the proper height? I'm picked up two pairs of front struts and am planning on just making the small spacer myself. Has anyone done that? I'm wondering what size tubing to buy and the proper length to cut it. If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

Seems to me, you could just buy some metal tubing just slightly less diameter than the strut tube, and a little less diameter than the strut. Cut it a little longer than you need, drop it in the strut tube, then push the strut into the strut tube and measure the distance from the top of the strut tube to about a quarter inch from the top of the gland nut......cut that much off of the tubing and reinsert in the strut tube. Slide the strut back in the strut tube and torque it down. Remember the gland nut shouldn't torque flush, it should have 1/8 inch or so space so you know it's snug against the spacer tubing.

Edited by Diseazd