IGNORED

280ZX Convertibles

ZXFanatic

I recently purchased a 1980 280ZX Convertible.  From the research I have read Nissan commissioned Belvedere to convert ten 1980 280ZX automobiles to convertibles with substantial reinforcement to the frame.  I have original literature from Nissan/Belvedere picturing the convertible with the invoice for the modification.

Can anyone provide additional information regarding these 280ZX conversions.

image1-2.jpeg

Does it have a trunk?

Pretty rare I would think. You scored!

Back in the late 80s a buddy of mine decided he wanted a targa top on his '75. Cut the roof out and the car started folding up. LOL  He had some iron welded to the underside then got stuck on a speed breaker. He was an idiot.

Edited by siteunseen
  • Wow 1

• 5 years later...

A 280ZX convertible conversion that looks very similar went unsold last year on BaT. Not confirmed on who did the conversion, but it appears that most potential bidders could not get past the method of chassis stiffening that was used or the level of rust.

image.png

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-datsun-280zx-24/

image.png

image.png